*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Argh, having a hard time picking between this and the lumia 920 to replace my s3. Lumia be nice for a change from android, but it might suck, wp8 etc. in which case a bigger s3 would be lovely lol

Associate
Would have been nice to have wireless charging, but never mind :)

The galaxy s2 and s3 are getting a replacement back with a small circuit on it which will allow wireless (not contactless) charging. Would imagine the same would be feasible for the note 2 as from YouTube I see the same points of contact for this new back plate.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsj3IkyAqEU

Last edited:
Associate
Mobilefun transcript

Hi, i wanted to check on the galaxy note 2 - when are you expected to have stock of this?
D: This should be in the first week in october
R: and is this the 4g version?
D: Yes thats correct
R: so this will work on the everything everywhere network?
D: Absolutley, we have just verified this today
R: ok awesome, ill go ahead and place a pre order. Do you take the money immediately or prior to dispatch?
D: If you pay by credit/debit card then it would be once the item is dispatched however with paypal the payment wil be recieved almost immediately

Associate
So which one is the best to pre order with?
Clove is doing back-orders now.
Mobilefun is taking £550 after delivery and they are the only that do Blue note2?

Soldato
I suspect we wont have any clarification on the 3G/4G situation until the shops receive stock or Samsung release a statement. I've been waiting months to upgrade, I don't want to rush in an buy a 3G NOTE2 only to have a 4G compatible NOTE2 released a few weeks later.

Associate
Handtec emailed to tell me that they have been told they will be 4G phones

on the Product Q & A of the phone there was a question asking if the device will be 3G or 4G and the answer was 3G only... Unless Samsung has been in touch with Handtec recently and confirmed it is the 4G version they will be supplying to them...

Soldato
from today:

Thank you for your email.

The information we have received from Samsung tells us it is the 4G enabled model.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this ticket.
As always, it is our pleasure to assist in any way possible!

Soldato
Sorry to be pedantic but is it UK 4G compatible?

im not 100% sure but i would guess they would be if being sold in the UK market but at the moment i dont really know and dont think that any of the retailers will really be sure until they actually have the stock in their hands as to if the phones will even be 4G or not

Associate
from today:

Thank you for your email.

The information we have received from Samsung tells us it is the 4G enabled model.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this ticket.
As always, it is our pleasure to assist in any way possible!

Great :) although will the 4G band the Note 2 supports be the same as EE or Three? I think EE uses 1800MHz, not sure about Three...

Back
Top Bottom