*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
i have the stock note 2, running everything as it came from EE.
Is there a backup program available which will backup the apps and any data associated with it?
I need to send my phone back on warranty, but i want to keep all my hard work on my games saved :)

Man of Honour
6898 running WanamLite rom and Adam Kernel. Must say that this rom has almost doubled my battery life compared to stock rom :)

I really struggle to believe that the ROM and Kernel made that much difference.
Are you sure there wasn't a rouge app installed that was wiped when you changed?

Associate
Hell no lol. I was getting a day on stock. I have used it quite a lot today and I'm on 45% as of typing this. So average usage I could push 2 days. Saying that my iPhone 5 was just as bad.

Associate
Just thought I'd pop in to back up samsung a little, my phone died last weekend and I mean died no charging light, no download mode nothing I sent it in on monday and got the phone back today working again with no marks on it. Its had the main board changed I'm really pleased with the service I was expecting to be without a phone for weeks after reading a few of the posts on here. Sorry to those who had problems just thought I'd add my experience to show its not always bad.

Soldato
Just thought I'd pop in to back up samsung a little, my phone died last weekend and I mean died no charging light, no download mode nothing I sent it in on monday and got the phone back today working again with no marks on it. Its had the main board changed I'm really pleased with the service I was expecting to be without a phone for weeks after reading a few of the posts on here. Sorry to those who had problems just thought I'd add my experience to show its not always bad.

I suppose with any company you will get good and bad but Samsung is well known to have poor customer service especially in regards to the amount of faults people have had with their TVs. Apple is well known to have good customer service in general although there will no doubt be people who have had bad experiences with them.

Now that I have dealt with Samsung directly, I know first hand how bad they are. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow for me and there is still no sign of my phone, they never honour call backs, they ignore letters of complaints, they basically just fob you off. Someone earlier gave me the email address of Mr Stanford, the CEO of Samsung Mobile UK and I emailed him and it's been around a week I think and even he hasn't replied. I will never deal with them directly ever again. The Note 2 mainboard replacement gets done at ANOVO which is the main repair centre they use, and they have been known to damage peoples handsets and in some cases lie and claim water damage. If your phone was picked up on Monday, that means it got to them on Tue, was repaired that same day, shipped out on Wed and so back with you today. I would say that is a very rare case, count yourself extremely lucky. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I am after reading other peoples experiences on here I took pictures of my phone at multiple angles with the days paper under it trying to get the serial numbers in most shots just in case they messed it up. I was shocked that I got it back so quick I know it says from the 22nd but it took them a few days to get the free postage packaging out to me
92712038.png

Sorry that your having such trouble really hope mine doesn't go wrong again.

Soldato
I really hope I don't have to send mine back. I guess I have my old phone handy but still I'm getting quite attached.

Any recommendations for live wallpapers.... darker the better

Man of Honour
Do any of you mind running a Quadrant benchmark and posting your results please?

On my first try I scored 6871 and ever since it's just slowly degrading and degrading, any idea why this is?

7828 stock ROM, perseus kernel, uvoc. Quite a few background processes though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
And make sure it's 2 amps output as anything below that will be weak and feeble especially from a car socket while being used. My dual USB one from Mobile fun is working great still.

Back
Top Bottom