*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Isn't the Note 2 big enough for you? lol I know the Note 8 can make calls but it's more a tablet than a phone. You're going to need a bag or something to take it around with you as it will hardly fit in any pocket. :p

Bit too big as a phone. i end up leaving it at home and using it as a tablet.
thats why im thinking about getting a note 8 + something smaller like the new xperia sp. :D

Soldato
I've tried a few AOSP roms (Liquidsmooth, CM10, JellyBeer) and all of them seem to give me distorted sound during audio playback. TouchWiz roms such as Wanamlite seem fine though. It wasn't like this when I tried AOSP roms say a month ago but all of a sudden this seems to be happening.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Day 34/35, I've lost count.

Phone repaired, I go to pick it up and guess what, THE DENT IS STILL THERE. God only knows what they have been fixing at anovo. I've taken it off the repair ctr but he gave me a receipt with a note on it confirming the dent was still there, he advised me not to send it back to them again. Is this unbelievable or what?

Associate
Day 34/35, I've lost count.

Phone repaired, I go to pick it up and guess what, THE DENT IS STILL THERE. God only knows what they have been fixing at anovo. I've taken it off the repair ctr but he gave me a receipt with a note on it confirming the dent was still there, he advised me not to send it back to them again. Is this unbelievable or what?

Have you contacted Samsung via twitter or facebook ?, maybe they'll expedite the whole thing if you post on one of their social platforms.

Soldato
Were there any issues with using the Samsung Flip Cover? Something about scratching, dulling of screen or wear on the battery cover clips?

24147yu.jpg

Well I can't recommend this official flip cover to anyone thinking of purchasing.

Issues:
1.) weighs an absolute ton
2.) adds about 50% more to the thickness of the phone
3.) spine of the flip falls on the volume rocker so it's constantly changing the volume
4.) taking photos is a pain

Only advantage... it's not so prone to slipping out of the hand or on surfaces.

Last edited:
Associate
Wierd...I've had the official flip on mine for a while now (grey one), and while I agree completely about taking photos I dont get the other issues.

Thickness? It replaces the back, so the only additional thickness is the front cover bit? That cant be more than 1-1.4mm surely?

Weight? cover is very light; back replaces like for like I thought?

Spine has never once changed the volume on mine so maybe you have a faulty unit?

Cheers

Soldato
Been trying NEAK2 Rom with Wanamlite 3.3 and getting some ridiculously good battery life:

screenshot2013040516594.png

Granted there's only been about 1 hour screen use, 80% after ~17 hours or so is something I haven't seen before

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My screen is still good with no cover/protector! Am I risking it with a biscuit? :p

I'm still on Wanam 3.2, battery life seems great as does everything else so no real need to update any more until something significant is included.

Soldato
Yep, my screen is still looking new without a case/protector on it as well, so is my S2's :p.

I'm still on Wanam 3.0, had 3.3 and 3.4 downloaded but haven't bothered flashing either yet, cba :o.

Soldato
My screen is still good with no cover/protector! Am I risking it with a biscuit? :p

I'm still on Wanam 3.2, battery life seems great as does everything else so no real need to update any more until something significant is included.

Yep, my screen is still looking new without a case/protector on it as well, so is my S2's :p.

I'm still on Wanam 3.0, had 3.3 and 3.4 downloaded but haven't bothered flashing either yet, cba :o.

How long have you guys gone without using one now? I'm tempted to join you, screen protectors are annoying me! They seem to get dirty very quickly and leave too many fingerprints for my liking.

Soldato
Start of Jan i think for my Note 2, used the S2 for 18 months without any scratches/marks :).

Scratched screens look better than screens with protectors on anyway ;).

Soldato
It is :) Apart from the ding on the metal bezel on the edge of the bottom of the phone the screen and back covers are as new still.

Had no incidents with any scratch marks on the metal (fingers crossed) but my back cover has come loose in some areas where the clips are. I took a closer look and it seems to have bent a little so it's not getting a flush seating. Not really an issue though as I'll be using the official Note 2 flip case from now on.

Start of Jan i think for my Note 2, used the S2 for 18 months without any scratches/marks :).

Scratched screens look better than screens with protectors on anyway ;).

That's quite a long time mate, props for that! Personally I don't think I'll have my Note 2 for much longer though. I know I said I won't really want the S4 but I saw it in the stratford samsung store the other day and immediately thought to myself "I want one". Only had the Note 2 for a couple of months aswell! I hate being like this :D:D

Soldato
Was there any consensus on the battery issues updating to the latest official firmware? My phone signal is still constantly accessing throughout the day and it's causing a good 10% drop on what I was seeing pre update.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not heard about that. I'm on 1 day 16 hours and 36mins with 13% battery left and screen on time of 3 hours 26 minutes. Updated to Wanam 3.4 in the end.

Back
Top Bottom