*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
For those who were following the nightmare I was having with Samsung, they agreed last week to send me out a replacement handset after putting a dent in mine. In short, I was without my phone for 5 weeks, I was ringing, emailing, complaining and basically being fobbed off. They never honoured any of the call backs and some weren't even logged.

They were suppose to collect this handset first before shipping out the replacement but it appears they have shipped out the replacement first, the wifes just text saying a parcel has come for me. They are gonna be contacting me to arrange collection of my handset this week. I will see how they like it now when I ignore their calls and their emails, and fob them off. Time to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Soldato
ok..decided that I will get Note2 on contract...£26 per month is not too bad ...
am looking on cashbacks and different suppliers for mobiles...should I go with p4u or dial a phone?
or maybe chitter chatter as they dont charge for mobile on £6per month contract ?
thanks
oh...please advise on thin case that can protect front and back..as thin as possible as in general, I hate cases ;(

I hate cases too, I find a small sock to work quote well.

Soldato
How can they get the two mixed up!

On the packaging it has someone elses name, address and telephone number under: 'Deliver Too'. On the other side of the box it had my name and address. I might ring this other person and see if they are waiting for a white gs3, he's probably got my Note 2!

Soldato
I sent an email to their executive office this morning:

Mr Archer,

Samsungs incompetence seems to know no bounds.

I have taken delivery of a package which upon opening is a WHITE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.

My phone is a GREY GALAXY NOTE 2.

You really could not make this up. The advisor I spoke to last week from customer services confirmed my handset model and colour, and I have now received a different 'inferior' model handset and colour.

This parcel has my name on one side but on the other side says -

'Deliver too:
Mr xxxxx xxxxx
9 xxxxx Street
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
Sxx xxx'

It also has his telephone number. I may ring this person later to see if he is waiting for a white galaxy s3 and explain to him why he hasn't received it.

I will be keeping hold of this until I receive the correct replacement, can you find out how this monumental **** up has occurred and please contact me via email with an update,

Regards,

He replied within an hour:

Mr xxxxxx

Please accept my apologies, this is indeed unacceptable and I sincerely apologise.

I am currently in the process of contacting Mr xxxxx, so there is no need for you to contact, to confirm whether he has received your delivery and then we can arrange to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

I will be in further contact later this morning with an update.

Regards

Sean Archer

I'm gonna keep hold of both handsets until I get the correct replacement, they can get stuffed tbh. If the other person has received a Note 2 instead of an S3, personally, I would just stay quiet. He was probably hoping they don't realise, as he could sell it for more and buy another S3 if he wanted lol.

Soldato
While I was in Hong Kong, I spent a while acquiring some new cases for my Note II.

It was interesting that in HK everyone had either a Note II or an S3, with the iPhone appearing to be the third most popular. I saw Note IIs in equal numbers to the S3 which was strange as I felt like the only owner of a Note while in the UK.

Lovely case that.

It's the same in Korea, Note II seems to be the norm, especially for ladies!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Damn that's one hell of a mess-up.
Hopefully you'll get it back safe!

Just updating to Wanam 3.5 now. Got nothing else to do while watching Bones :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally ordered mine.
Thanks to Mrk know which rom go for but please advise on what are most popular cases that keep it safe but don't make phone too thick. And not interested in any socks etc.
Thanks

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Finally ordered mine.
Thanks to Mrk know which rom go for but please advise on what are most popular cases that keep it safe but don't make phone too thick. And not interested in any socks etc.
Thanks

I'm still using the Nilkin case, it's the best feeling and slimmest case I've seen but obviously doesn't protect the top or bottom bezels.

Can I flash to Wanam over the top of the stock ROM without wiping?

You don't have to but you might encounter problems if you don't. I've done it without wiping before and had no problems but this was in the early Wanam builds. Create a Nandroid/TWRP backup first :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Screen Protector? Having tried unbranded/branded on all my phones to date, I don't really like them :p

I'll try and get a few more cases for Note II in and see if I can review them.

Soldato
Screen Protector? Having tried unbranded/branded on all my phones to date, I don't really like them :p

I'll try and get a few more cases for Note II in and see if I can review them.

Never had phone on 2year contract hence want to take good care of mobile...so looking for all options:)

Soldato
Now again am confused and start to think that HTC One has great battery life (in tests) and maybe should go for it and not note ...
There should be one phone and that's it. No problems :)

Back
Top Bottom