*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Man of Honour
Few things...:
After every restart, Samsung keyboard is set as default and have to change it to Swype every time...
And for no reason, after each wake I have info that sd card is being mounted...and few times had error that it is corrupted...don't want to loose all backups...is there a cloud backup option?

The keyboard issue is due to the way JB handles paid apps, you need to disable or freeze the stock keyboard in something like titanium backup then it'll default to swype.

Soldato

The seller is SanDisc themselves so that's fine.

Just a word of caution to others; make sure it's a genuine product. Buying off Amazon has turned into a sordid affair of eBay tendencies. I bought a set of Sennheisers from there and they turned out to be fake, very good fakes that were only revealed when I sent them back to the manufacturer.

If you get a knock off memory card, it's highly likely the phone will engage in a constant mount and unmount cycle which depletes the battery power rather fast.

Associate
Hi can anyone recommend a site where i can purchase a new grey galaxy note 2 4g sim free and unlocked to all networks,the cheapest and most reliable would be great,thanks Iain.

Associate
I returned my phone to Vodafone for repairs and they have got back to me that it is deemed out of warranty as it has been rooted and to repair it will cost £190! I asked them what the fault is and they say because I rooted my phone running it, damaged my PCB board? Are they talking a load of crap?

I've asked for it back now as i'm not paying £190 without evaluating all my options first.

Man of Honour
I returned my phone to Vodafone for repairs and they have got back to me that it is deemed out of warranty as it has been rooted and to repair it will cost £190! I asked them what the fault is and they say because I rooted my phone running it, damaged my PCB board? Are they talking a load of crap?

I've asked for it back now as i'm not paying £190 without evaluating all my options first.

Yes they're talking crap in terms of rooting damaging the PCB, but they do state rooting will invalidate your warranty so you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Associate
If you could get to the boot screen then I imagine it would also have booted in download mode which tells you if it's been modified.

I meant just the initial samsung logo and it would stay on that afterwards and then just reset itself.

I've tried going into download mode plenty of times.

Associate
I meant just the initial samsung logo and it would stay on that afterwards and then just reset itself.

I've tried going into download mode plenty of times.

You can force download mode with a small usb key. They're about £1 on eBay. If they send it back i suggest buying one & trying to reflash a stock rom through Odin.

I had to use one on my Galazy Note I

Soldato
I just sold mine for a HTC One, i got 325 for a mint sim free one, at first I was thinking had i made the right choice, the One is so small in comparison but after a few days of having it i'm glad i made the decision to change

Back
Top Bottom