*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
I will also need to have a wee play with one too :D :p Be interesting to see the size difference between the 5 devices (others being the X, gs 3, S and the original note)

Yeah that would be the main problem for me! Feeling this big rectangle slab in my pocket :( :p And also looking like a right douche when making/receiving a call :p :o

See, for women it isn't as much of a problem, as they just carry their phones around with them in their handbags! :p Maybe I should get myself a "man bag" and it won't be as much of a problem then.......

DVbbG.jpg

:D

have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ruCimfGEZU

Also I was thinking of maybe getting cargo trousers to put the note 2 in a secure pocket... lol

Soldato
anyone else going to buy the phone without trying it out first in a shop (size wise)

I would, only problem is picking a color really. I have the white s3 which looks good so might play it safe with a white note 2. Just not sure how that grey will look in person.

Caporegime
have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ruCimfGEZU

Also I was thinking of maybe getting cargo trousers to put the note 2 in a secure pocket... lol

Yeah I seen a few comparisons in videos etc. but it is never quite the same as seeing it for yourself :p

Although it does look bigger by quite a substantial amount in video comparisons etc. :( And I found the one X to be a bit uncomfortable to use with one hand too!

Cargo trousers, pfffft..........going to need some "hulk" size trousers! :D :p

Soldato
anyone else going to buy the phone without trying it out first in a shop (size wise)

Yep...

My brother had a Dell Streak for a year or so, and that "passed the pocket test" for me, so the Note2 should be fine. The Note2 is 2mm shorter, 1mm wider, and 0.5mm thinner than the streak, and weighs 40g less.

Soldato
This is going to be a REALLY weird question so i'm going to say sorry in advance.... Sorry! But what do you lot all wear clothes wise? As I see some of you mention you have no issues with Original Note's and other large screened phones fitting in your pockets, so do you all nearly always wear things like trouser/caro pants etc? As I'm repping the 4s at the minute and I find even in some of my jeans it's not great in the pocket and I don't wear like those hipster skinny type jeans. Just a combination of like skate brand jeans and All Saints. :)

That Grey Note2 looks naughty as well :D

Soldato
This is going to be a REALLY weird question so i'm going to say sorry in advance.... Sorry! But what do you lot all wear clothes wise? As I see some of you mention you have no issues with Original Note's and other large screened phones fitting in your pockets, so do you all nearly always wear things like trouser/caro pants etc? As I'm repping the 4s at the minute and I find even in some of my jeans it's not great in the pocket and I don't wear like those hipster skinny type jeans. Just a combination of like skate brand jeans and All Saints. :)

That Grey Note2 looks naughty as well :D

Levi's almost every day - but now winter is coming the phone will most likely live in my jacket pocket when on the move :D

Soldato
I see this panning out in that I should just be wearing less 'flouncy' jeans. :p I've never felt comfortable with my phones in Jacket pockets as I always do the key,wallet and phone pat on my jean pockets.

Soldato
Can i ask a favour of you all please. Can you keep an eye out for contracts on this that offer decent mins(400+) texts and decent data (750+?) that are under 30 quid by paying extra for the handset?

The reason is that i am on a 2 year contract with my s3 on three, my sister is now looking for a new contract and wants an s3 and so offered to get me a note 2 or lumia on her contract provided it doesnt cost her more monthly if i just pay whatever the extra initial cost is.

Have been looking at the usual mobile sites but none have any good deals even when i willing to put up to 150 down for the handset so its looking like i might not be able to take up her offer.

Cheers

Associate
Can i ask a favour of you all please. Can you keep an eye out for contracts on this that offer decent mins(400+) texts and decent data (750+?) that are under 30 quid by paying extra for the handset?

The reason is that i am on a 2 year contract with my s3 on three, my sister is now looking for a new contract and wants an s3 and so offered to get me a note 2 or lumia on her contract provided it doesnt cost her more monthly if i just pay whatever the extra initial cost is.

Have been looking at the usual mobile sites but none have any good deals even when i willing to put up to 150 down for the handset so its looking like i might not be able to take up her offer.

Cheers

Look on here:

http://phonestore.techradar.com/phones/samsung/galaxy-note-ii

£31 on T-mobile and £39 for the phone at mobile phones direct

Back
Top Bottom