*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
from digital phone

Hi Paul

Thank you for your e-mail,

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 *as you stated does come in two different variants the Note 2 Standard and the 4G LTE.

The only network to be offering the 4G LTE is the combined Orange and T-Mobile Network called ‘Everything Everywhere’.

So in answer to your question the variant we are currently offering is the 3G variant sim free being unlocked to all networks.

We do not plan at present to stock the network locked variants.

Kind Regards

So Orange and T Mobile are still selling 3G note 2's and only their joint venture is selling 4g versions? (I know nothing about EE).

Associate
from digital phone

Hi Paul

Thank you for your e-mail,

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 *as you stated does come in two different variants the Note 2 Standard and the 4G LTE.

The only network to be offering the 4G LTE is the combined Orange and T-Mobile Network called ‘Everything Everywhere’.

So in answer to your question the variant we are currently offering is the 3G variant sim free being unlocked to all networks.

We do not plan at present to stock the network locked variants.

Kind Regards

I'm sure when EE start selling the Note 2 with their 4G plans they would be more expensive than the deals we have now. It is probably best to wait for all networks to have a 4G network (next year) so that the deals would become competitive. In the meantime a 3G Note 2 is still good :)

Soldato
not sure if reading this confirms they will be 4G

"The one thing we do know is that the device is going to be the same as the international version of Galaxy Note 2 that we saw launch back in August.

This means that the U.S. and U.K. models will not only sport a massive 5.5-inch HD display with S-Pen support, but they will also come with quad-core processors and 4G LTE data speeds. Well, except for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 which is expected to feature HSPA+ speeds only."

source:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/25/samsung-galaxy-note-2-uk-release-date/

Um... :confused:

Given that T-mobile and Orange are the only ones with access to the 4G spectrum, this doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I'm still expecting that all of the "4G" connectivity for this phone will be on the 700Mhz band, and therefore not compatible with the EE network. But I guess we need to wait and see.

yeh, thats odd.

i cant decide if the whole 3G/4G thing is an issue or not

and if the 4G model might have more resale value at a later date

That's the American network T-Mobile, not the UK one :p. Well, I assume It is, since US networks like to release their own **** versions of phones, whereas in the UK we just get the international version, and I couldn't be bothered reading the link :p.

Edit: Yeah, that article is talking about the US network, T-Mobile, not the UK one :).

Last edited:

D-M

D-M

Associate
Gum Mobile just posted this in their blog:

http://gummobile.blogspot.co.uk/201...?utm_source=GumMobile.com&utm_medium=facebook

Samsung Galaxy Note II Now In Stock... In White
Its HERE!, The white version of the much sort after Samsung Galaxy Note II has landed early and orders are beginning to ship.

For full specification, details and to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note II Marble White, SIM Free and Unlocked, head over to our store here.

Oh and before I forget... £10 discount for Facebook Fans

Associate
Gum Mobile just posted this in their blog:

http://gummobile.blogspot.co.uk/201...?utm_source=GumMobile.com&utm_medium=facebook

Samsung Galaxy Note II Now In Stock... In White
Its HERE!, The white version of the much sort after Samsung Galaxy Note II has landed early and orders are beginning to ship.

For full specification, details and to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note II Marble White, SIM Free and Unlocked, head over to our store here.

Oh and before I forget... £10 discount for Facebook Fans

No mention of 4G:mad:

Soldato
That link I posted earlier has changed to a lesser deal now... I hope it wasn't a mistake on their behalf.

God between this and the other issues I never knew phone launches could be this dramatic!

Soldato
Hostile17: You've probably already noticed, but the mobilephonesdirect equivalent offer (T-mob, 300mins, 1500mb, £31pm) is now reduced to a £29 initial outlay. They're also still selling the offer you linked to earlier (2000mins, unlimited data, £36pm, £15 for handset). You need to check "see all plans" to view these offers though.

This being said, without a firm stock level there is no guarantee that their phones will be shipped any sooner than those of buy mobiles. It may be that T-mobile contract phones have not yet been sent out to distributors (?).

Maybe I should have just waited until Monday to buy, but what can I say - patience has never been my strongpoint! :p

Soldato
Argh!!!

Dear Mr Teledude,

You have placed an order for the Samsung Note 2 in TITANIUM GREY. We have been informed that the stock of this colour will be delayed by Samsung. It is expected this delay could be approximately 2 weeks.
We do have the WHITE version arriving in stock today, so we wanted to give you the opportunity to change your order to WHITE if you wish.
Please reply to this email ONLY if you wish to change to WHITE. If you wish to wait for the TITANIUM GREY you need take no action and we will ship your order as soon as they arrive.
We will be processing the WHITE orders over the weekend and begin shipping on Monday 1st October.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.

Soldato
Samsung have reassured fans not to worry it will be all white.

Anyways I spoke to buyphonesdirect.net this morning and they have no idea when they will have stock in. I'm at work today but if anyone finds a good contract please post it here! Hopefully more will spring up throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom