*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Look on here:

http://phonestore.techradar.com/phones/samsung/galaxy-note-ii

£31 on T-mobile and £39 for the phone at mobile phones direct

Argh!

Why in the ****ing **** **** **** is that only for the white version?! The deals for the grey are all more expensive (with extra minutes that I don't need!).

If that deal was available with the grey phone I'd buy now.

edit: Nevermind, there are equivalent deals, they just don't show up through the mobilephonesdirect main page :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Just on the phone to Three they still have no idea when there getting the Note 2's.

I'm looking for a good contract deal if anyone finds a good one!

I just bought the one from mobilephonesdirect:

- Galaxy Note 2 (grey)
- 300 mins
- unlimited texts
- 1500Mb internet
- £39 upfront phone cost

- £31 per month

...Thanks for the linkage Darryl_1983.

Soldato
Buymobilephones just announced their deals and I think they are better: https://www.buymobilephones.net/mob...il&utm_campaign=Note2Preorder&adnetwork=email

Argh - 5 minutes after I ordered?!

I just checked buymobilephones as well. There is no link to the Note2 from their "Samsung phones" section. There doesn't seem to be a search option either...

Are those deals just for the white version, or are they for grey as well? The deal I'd want is the same as the one I just bought, minus the £39 upfront cost...

EDIT - nevermind, there is a "coming soon" section that I missed :rolleyes:

Associate
Argh - 5 minutes after I ordered?!

I just checked buymobilephones as well. There is no link to the Note2 from their "Samsung phones" section. There doesn't seem to be a search option either...

Are those deals just for the white version, or are they for grey as well? The deal I'd want is the same as the one I just bought, minus the £39 upfront cost...

EDIT - nevermind, there is a "coming soon" section that I missed :rolleyes:

Here is for the grey: https://www.buymobilephones.net/mob...il&utm_campaign=Note2Preorder&adnetwork=email

Soldato
OMG im still on the phone with Three and I think I made the customer retentions dude cry lol, its getting quite heated "NO IM TELLING YOU MR HOSTILE17, THREE ARE GETTING APPLE IPHONE 5 IN" me "I'm not interested in Apple" "I KNOW MR HOSTILE 17 IM JUST LETTING YOU KNOW OUR BUSINESS STRATEGY".

Anyways hes gone back to speak to his manager for the third time lol.

EDIT: I told them I want it delivered for launch day or I'm leaving! I don't really trust what there telling me.

Soldato
not sure if reading this confirms they will be 4G

"The one thing we do know is that the device is going to be the same as the international version of Galaxy Note 2 that we saw launch back in August.

This means that the U.S. and U.K. models will not only sport a massive 5.5-inch HD display with S-Pen support, but they will also come with quad-core processors and 4G LTE data speeds. Well, except for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 which is expected to feature HSPA+ speeds only."

source:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/25/samsung-galaxy-note-2-uk-release-date/

Soldato
they will also come with quad-core processors and 4G LTE data speeds. Well, except for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 which is expected to feature HSPA+ speeds only."

Um... :confused:

Given that T-mobile and Orange are the only ones with access to the 4G spectrum, this doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I'm still expecting that all of the "4G" connectivity for this phone will be on the 700Mhz band, and therefore not compatible with the EE network. But I guess we need to wait and see.

Soldato
yeh, thats odd.

i cant decide if the whole 3G/4G thing is an issue or not

My feeling is that, right now (the next 6-12 months say), it won't be much of an issue either way in practical terms.

and if the 4G model might have more resale value at a later date

...However if the 4G version IS compatible with the EE network, this could well be a factor.

Associate
Waiting for a reply on that :) also asked Samsung UK if they will be getting 4G versions to the UK.

I rang them there and the guy said he thinks they are getting the 4G version although not confirmed and he says that it might not be "enabled". As in, the chip is in the phone but not capable of actually connecting to the EE (or whichever 4G) network.

Sounds all very strange but I think we'll just have to wait until stocks comes in before finding all this out. I'd like the 3G version but if the 4G is out at the same time I'll get it so I'm just gonna wait until I get confirmation either way.

Soldato
from digital phone

Hi Paul

Thank you for your e-mail,

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 *as you stated does come in two different variants the Note 2 Standard and the 4G LTE.

The only network to be offering the 4G LTE is the combined Orange and T-Mobile Network called ‘Everything Everywhere’.

So in answer to your question the variant we are currently offering is the 3G variant sim free being unlocked to all networks.

We do not plan at present to stock the network locked variants.

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom