*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Looks like I have a buyer for my S3, my brother. He wants it off me ASAP though because he really needs a new phone but I want to hold off a while until the 32GB grey version is available.

Are the only 2 colours white and grey?

Any news of the 32GB/64GB versions?

D-M

D-M

Associate
Spoke to Mobile Fun who I think was the only last hope of a 4G sim free version and they confirmed theirs won't be 4G - ah well was worth a check!

I've asked mobilephonesdirect.co.uk via email and over the phone if they are getting the 4G model and both times they've said yes. I've ordered the grey sim free model from them now. Hopefully it will be 4G but if not they have a no quibble 7 day returns policy so I may just send it back if it's not.

However, by the time it arrives I probably won't care if it's 3G or 4G and will just open it anyway :)

Here's the email:
Dear Mobile Phones Direct,

I am looking to purchase the 4G LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and was wondering if you could confirm that this will be the version of the device that you will be stocking?

Kind Regards,

Hi,

I can confirm that is the handset we are stocking.

Kind Regards,

Tel: +44 (0)845 470 4000
Fax: +44 (0)845 470 4100
email: [email protected]
online: www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk

D-M

D-M

Associate
Sim free?

Yeah. I ordered the sim free version this morning and around midday they called me to advise that the grey version would be delayed by a few days and asked if I wanted the white version instead. I said no i'll stick with the grey and I asked them to confirm that the version I had ordered would be the 4G version and they said yes.

Associate
Just got an email from Handtec

!!!! STOCK UPDATE !!!!

Dear customer.

We have just leaned that we may be getting stock of the Titanium models in on Monday. We are advising that you please wait until Monday before making a decision on how you would like us to deal with your order.

Many thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
And also before the above email I got this

Dear customer.

We are emailing to inform you that we will have the WHITE Galaxy Note II in stock later on today and will be dispatching orders placed for that model on Monday. We realise that you have ordered the TITANIUM model but thought we should ask you if you wanted to change to white as we are not expecting the titanium version until week commencing October 10th.

Also, we have learned that the SIM free stock is not 4G capable, only 3G capable so if you wish to cancel your order for that reason then please let us know.

Don't mind really would be nice to future proof 4G however I still think its gonna be 2-3 years before its cheap and established enough.

Soldato
I'm still highly dubious that any "4G" version will (initially) work with the 1800Mhz EE network. I guess we'll find out soon enough though. It's all well and good it being a "4G LTE" version, but if it only works on 700Mhz band then it isn't too much use over here.

I *hope* to be proven wrong though!

...Also, it's looking more and more like it's the grey phones that are delayed, with white available from now / Monday. Still, I don't like white phones, and I would rather wait an extra two weeks to get the darker colour. I'm probably going to be keeping the phone for two years, and while it would be nice to have the phone a few days early, I know I would be annoyed at myself later if I went for a white one just to have it a week or two early.

Last edited:
Associate
The Note 2 is slimmer than the One X and previous note, it's only slightly wider than the S3.

I played with it at IFA and its great.

I ordered one from gummobile in white but I'm very tempted to go get one from the Samsung store on Sunday when it goes on sales at Midday in Westfield.

Tea Drinker
Don
I've just ordered the grey one £33 pm plan with a £39.99 phone from MPD unl / unl / 1gb + 1gb assume I'll have to wait for the grey one and they run a credit check first.

I've always had a credit card wallet with my phones, the one on my DHD is nice, wonder when decent cases will be released, my Dad has a Note 1 and the case was a replacement for the back cover with a hinge and leather front, very nice but no credit card slots.

Associate
The press release says a special price. I am trying to find out how much. I hate cancelling orders made through PayPal as they take a week to get refunded and PayPal always freezes it even if its a £1 refund. Pain in the arse ;)

Soldato
just called the samsung store, he told me they dont have a confirmed price but he thinks it will be £ 599 (maybe £50 more)

Last edited:
Associate
just called the samsung store, he told me they dont have a confirmed price but he thinks it will be £ 599 (maybe £50 more)

That doesn't seem like a good deal. I spoke to someone who thought it would be between £450-£500 which would be cheaper slightly.

This is what the press release said:

An official launch set to take place from midday on Sunday at the store, will allow customers to benefit from an exclusive price promotion when they buy a Galaxy Note II. In addition, lucky customers will have the chance to enter a number of competitions, to win a Galaxy Note II, that highlight the gaming and creative capabilities of the device.

Back
Top Bottom