****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Phoned Yodel again today, stated my case and explained that they hadn't even tried to re-deliver the past two days, and that I was growing impatient. Got a call back just now to say they're getting the driver to drop it off with me later today.

No celebrations yet...not until it's right here in front of me!

Anyone been able to figure out how thick the case-mate tough case is?

I'm clumsy so want something likely to save it from a fall, but also don't want something that utterly ruins the slimness of it. I can handle a few mm.

I have indeed! The display is utterly stunning, makes my Hero look like a crap old blurry CRT in comparison.

Stupidly quick too, it just flies, just installed a few apps that I know took a little while on the Hero, it did it in 2 seconds. Madness.

Also got a Take That DVD with the phone...not sure why!

Anyone been able to figure out how thick the case-mate tough case is?

I'm clumsy so want something likely to save it from a fall, but also don't want something that utterly ruins the slimness of it. I can handle a few mm.

I currently have this one on mine until all my accessories arrive - http://www.case-mate.eu.com/samsung-galaxy-s-2-gelli-case-clear.html

I found it in the CPW. Its actually impressed me quite a bit, feels well made even though it looks a bit odd.

Anyway, the Tough cases (from pictures) look a bit thicker than the Gelli ones, but the one I have doesn't add much bulk at all, its quite nice and I think it would fare well if I dropped it, but I wont! :p

Reading about the tough case it seems like a marginally thinner version of their gelli case but with an extra plastic case you can add/remove whenever you want.

This sounds ideal for me as i often go for walks etc that involve scrambling over rocks etc. This means during a normal day at work i can pop the plastic case off, but when i plan to do something manly i can chuck it on and feel safer.

£25 though 0_0

Cheap cases do work well though :p mine on the Desire did!

My review is now up on Neowin, check it out here.

I think I have covered everything so far but if there are errors/missing bits please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom