**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Thank you.

I have re-ordered with a code and topcashback.

Has anyone gone for one of the exclusive colours? The phantom blue and silver look very very nice and the carbon camera cover also looks great.

I was going to select Titanium until I saw it could potentially add a 4 week delay to my order so went back to Phantom Black.

Any thoughts on this charger supplying the full 25Watts to the S21?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T634V26/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YVDaGbPN41YM

PD 3.0 spec, does it have to be PPS?
I'm no expert but I extensively researched 25w charging/chargers when trying to get one for my S20 FE and every time it came back to the genuine Samsung Charger. I couldn't find anything else that activated the 25w Super Fast Charging. Things may have progressed a little since but I had no luck anyway.

I thought I was mad giving up my S20 FE after 4 weeks but that's a whole new level lol
What was the reasoning?

Well I had a z fold 2 then got the itch for iphone as I had one for ages before the z fold 2, but had real buyers remorse going back to ios, I can't do it, it bores me so much. Plus I really want 120Hz and those cameras!

Depending on where you purchased it from you may have been able to return under an extended return window. Many companies are being very flexible at the moment.

Nope apple won't have it!

Won't you lose out on the freebies?

No They are offering the freebies also you have claim through the samsung members app when you get the phone or at least that's what I did when I got the fold 2

There are two official Samsung options if you want a case + S Pen combo:

- Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Clear View Case With S Pen
- Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Silicone Case With S Pen

I think they also sell the S-Pen on its own

Pricing seems a bit steep (£59 for the silicone case with S Pen) - I managed to snag it for £24 as part of the checkout of my S21 Ultra pre-order yesterday but they have now updated the pricing so not sure if they will honour it for those who ordered yesterday or end up cancelling.

Ahh ok thanks for that I will have a look around.

As I said, I'm not a fan of cloud storage for photos/videos so that's part of it.

Over a number of years and phones I tend to keep the photos sorted in folders for trips/events/etc on a MicroSD card that can simply be moved from phone to phone when I upgrade (sometimes upgrading the MicroSD card capacity). While in theory the built-in phone storage should be very fast, when connected to a Windows PC to manage files via MTP/PTP modes, my experience is that it can be pretty flaky and not quite as reliable as popping a MicroSD card into a card reader.

And then more recently there's the fact that newer phones with higher resolution video recording can eat lots and lots of storage.

I accept that I am in the minority when it comes to preference of having lots of local phone storage capacity.

I'm with you, I've broken enough phones that being able to put personal data on the SD card is the way forward, imagine filling 512Gb and the phone dying, you're stuffed, when you're away on hols in middle of nowhere cloud storage and streaming with no signal is useless, local storage is where its at and as has been pointed on the connection via USB tends to be tragically unreliable.

I imagine the SD card will be one of the Note/Fold differentiators.

Really interested to see what the latest processors and cameras are like, not that I have found the Note 10+ wanting in anyway on CPU side, seems to provide a me a great experience even in Dex mode but camera and zoom could be better

Apart from the Ultra, the S21 looks basically the same as the FE but it's £200 more expensive and you get an Exynos chip rather the SD865 found in the SE :confused:
I agree, I think I said further back the S21 is pretty much an FE upgrade.
Just to clarify, I sold my FE for the iPhone 12. I think it is probably the shortest time I’ve kept a phone. Just did nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom