**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
£330 for my old Note 9, which was only sat in a draw doing nothing. I've just sold my S21 Ultra privately, so all in the upgrade will cost me £349, with free Buds, and Disney + for a year :D

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Another win for the S22U over the iP13PM. Sure when taking videos the iP is better but I hardly ever take videos anyway and overall the Sammy is just better.

Associate
OP
Odd we haven't seen a battery life test as yet, hopefully it will appear tonight/tommorow as I feel its the only bit missing from all the reviews. Expect it to be better than the s21 ultra, but not as good as the iphone 13 pro max. But I think thats ok, would be fantastic if it is close to the iPhone

Associate
Odd we haven't seen a battery life test as yet, hopefully it will appear tonight/tommorow as I feel its the only bit missing from all the reviews. Expect it to be better than the s21 ultra, but not as good as the iphone 13 pro max. But I think thats ok, would be fantastic if it is close to the iPhone

Takes around a week to learn behaviour and optimise the battery, I'm glad they are holding off until this had happened. Reviews will then contain more accurate battery figures

Associate

Battery review has been posted, the tester is from Bulgaria so one would guess its Exynos.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S22-battery-specs_id136446#three

Soldato
Why is everyone so concerned about the battery life? I get that obviously it's a PITA to have to charge regularly, but in reality, don't we all just charge our phones when we notice the battery getting low and get an opportunity? And aren't these new chipsets supposed to be more efficient anyway?

I'm switching from an S10 to an S22, so expecting to see a nice jump in user experience etc, but the battery life really isn't that much of a concern for me.

I appreciate however that perhaps some of you will be using your phones more often than me, and perhaps even for work etc. Maybe even a few of you are keen photographers and like to use your phone for that hobby/profession too. So I get that. But are any of you just annoyed purely because it's not a significant upgrade on last years model?

Not looking to wind anyone up by asking this, I'm just genuinely a little unsure why it seems to be such a big issue for so many people.

Soldato
Cheers Kanpai - for you is "normal use" like just browsing, maybe a bit of gaming on the commute, messaging friends, email and music etc? Or do you use yours for a bit more than that?

My usage will essentially be just that - web browsing, forum/reddit reading, music on commute, the occasional photo of stuff/my dog, messaging friends, online shopping/banking etc.

Associate
OP
Why is everyone so concerned about the battery life? I get that obviously it's a PITA to have to charge regularly, but in reality, don't we all just charge our phones when we notice the battery getting low and get an opportunity? And aren't these new chipsets supposed to be more efficient anyway?

I'm switching from an S10 to an S22, so expecting to see a nice jump in user experience etc, but the battery life really isn't that much of a concern for me.

I appreciate however that perhaps some of you will be using your phones more often than me, and perhaps even for work etc. Maybe even a few of you are keen photographers and like to use your phone for that hobby/profession too. So I get that. But are any of you just annoyed purely because it's not a significant upgrade on last years model?

Not looking to wind anyone up by asking this, I'm just genuinely a little unsure why it seems to be such a big issue for so many people.

Only because my current note 8 now has a terrible battery life and I have to charge at least once a day. As long as it lasts the day with moderate to high usage I'll be happy, but would really like to see some comparisons as it looks to be a step down in terms of battery life compared to last years models from what i've seen so far. That's not ideal as it's supposed to be more optimised, but the chips don't seem great this year on that front. Each to their own I guess, but my preference is to charge overnight only, and not to have to worry about taking a power bank with me if I'm out for the entire day

Soldato
Cheers Kanpai - for you is "normal use" like just browsing, maybe a bit of gaming on the commute, messaging friends, email and music etc? Or do you use yours for a bit more than that?

My usage will essentially be just that - web browsing, forum/reddit reading, music on commute, the occasional photo of stuff/my dog, messaging friends, online shopping/banking etc.

Pretty much the same usage as you, about 5-6 hours SoT should be easily achievable.

Soldato
Each to their own I guess, but my preference is to charge overnight only, and not to have to worry about taking a power bank with me if I'm out for the entire day

Yeah, I know what you mean. The powerbanks are a faff, but also a bit of a life saver. I find with my S10 given its age that the battery has started to go and I do need to charge up throughout the day at work. But if I'm out all day not at my desk then the powerbank is now a must!

Which is all well and good in the winter when I've got tonnes of pockets, but not so much the summer...

Pretty much the same usage as you, about 5-6 hours SoT should be easily achievable.

Good to know! Nice to have a similar benchmark and not have to worry I'm going to be peeved about my phone dying after only a few hours.

Associate
OP
Ok so slightly behind the s21 ultra which isn't a great outcome. I'm struggling with why it isn't better and somewhere inbetween the s21 and iphone 13. But hey ho, doubt it will improve further, so I guess it will do

Soldato
Ok so slightly behind the s21 ultra which isn't a great outcome. I'm struggling with why it isn't better and somewhere inbetween the s21 and iphone 13. But hey ho, doubt it will improve further, so I guess it will do

You need good few days and charge cycles for a Samsung to settle down been same with my last 4 Notes

Soldato
GPU benchmark puts the Exynos fairly behind the SD variant: https://www.techpowerup.com/292025/...snapdragon-8-gen1-both-power-galaxy-s22-ultra

Will still need to see benchmarks from more reliable sources to see if it's really that bad.

But it can still change with updates when the phone is actually released next week. For normal use it should still be fine but for anyone who does a bit of heavy mobile gaming, this may not be the phone to go for.

Soldato
The s21 has had a year of updates and optimisation. The s22 is new with a new chipset with amd. I'm fairly certain things will improve with updates and new drivers etc, just like they did from when the s21 was first released, and people complained ;)

Back
Top Bottom