**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Associate
A work colleague found a S23 Ultra at the bus stop the other day. Bought it back to work and someone rang it. Theya answered it but don't speak English very well. Anyway they handed ithe phone to us in the office and we have been waiting for the owner to ring back so we can return it, but it hasn't rung. Should I take it to the police station? Will the police find out the owner and return it? Or is there another way? I'm afraid the police will just sit on it.
This reminds me a few years ago. My friend picked up a phone at the bus station as well funny enough. He chucked it in his bag, completely forgot about it. A week later, whilst in a meeting at work, 2 cops turn up and ask him about the phone. He initially said what phone and he then remembered, as they had pics of him and they wanted to take him down the station to sho him the video clip!. Lucky enough he went and got his bag and it was still in there untouched. The cops told him they had checked CCTV etc and they were actually going to charge him with theft!. It was quickly resolved when they figured it was a genuine mistake,so I'm always careful as soon as I pick something,I drop it off at the nearest station.

Soldato
I'm still using the S22 Ultra and won't be changing until next year. The one thing I would like to get is a good moon photo. I have a couple of reasonable daytime shots but cant get a good night one. I might invest in a tripod, but I just found this on YouTube:

The moon is bright. You almost have to treat it like trying to take a picture of the sun.

Associate
A work colleague found a S23 Ultra at the bus stop the other day. Bought it back to work and someone rang it. Theya answered it but don't speak English very well. Anyway they handed ithe phone to us in the office and we have been waiting for the owner to ring back so we can return it, but it hasn't rung. Should I take it to the police station? Will the police find out the owner and return it? Or is there another way? I'm afraid the police will just sit on it.

Is there a network provider shown? You can get the imei and give it to the provider if there's one shown...they might be able to contact the owner if contracted etc...

Otherwise hand it in to the Police and they can check the imei against the immobilise database which will show if its been reported stolen. And also them searching it when handed in, will flag of and when it's reported also.

Don
Me and you both although I ordered on the 3rd, Red 512gb and Watch 5 pro... went on chat to have a rant and mentioned I can pick these items up although not Red anywhere today/tomorrow.

She said it would arrive on the 20th... we will see
I don't think their customer service team has a clue whats going on, they just tell you whatever they think will get you off the phone. I phoned them the other day to ask why mine hadn't arrived yet when others who ordered later had received theirs and I was told exclusive colours take 4 weeks to become available. I was then called a liar when I pointed out that people had received exclusive coloured handsets, including the graphite that I ordered, already.

I did bag myself a £100 voucher for asking to speak to a manager as a result of the liar comment but no progress with my order. I just checked their store and they're advertising all the colours as in stock which set off alarm bells however when I tried putting through a test order, when I get to the shipping stage it's giving an earliest delivery date of the 3rd March for the graphite.

Caporegime
For those having issues with Google Wallet - how's your signal at the time of issue? Have troubleshooted and poor signal is my next thread to pull.

My signal is crap most of the time; going inside a building pretty much guarantees no signal, anywhere around London Waterloo ain't happening and large swathes of SW London. Call quality on WiFi calling is shocking at times, switching over to a poor 1 or 2 bars of signal can sometimes be better. One of the guides said poor/no signal could be the reason but the more I think of it, not so sure now. As my former Poco F3 used the same sim and had no issues.

Associate
Is there a network provider shown? You can get the imei and give it to the provider if there's one shown...they might be able to contact the owner if contracted etc...

Otherwise hand it in to the Police and they can check the imei against the immobilise database which will show if its been reported stolen. And also them searching it when handed in, will flag of and when it's reported also.
I guess the best option is to take it to a Police station. I'll drop it off tomorrow during my lunch break.

Associate
I don't think their customer service team has a clue whats going on, they just tell you whatever they think will get you off the phone. I phoned them the other day to ask why mine hadn't arrived yet when others who ordered later had received theirs and I was told exclusive colours take 4 weeks to become available. I was then called a liar when I pointed out that people had received exclusive coloured handsets, including the graphite that I ordered, already.

I did bag myself a £100 voucher for asking to speak to a manager as a result of the liar comment but no progress with my order. I just checked their store and they're advertising all the colours as in stock which set off alarm bells however when I tried putting through a test order, when I get to the shipping stage it's giving an earliest delivery date of the 3rd March for the graphite.
I had similar too, I ordered phantom black on the 1st Feb, during the unpacking event. I then saw here and on hotukd that people were getting their phones delivered even though they had said there order date was days after me.

I rang customer services and they basically called me a liar saying that people couldn't be receiving their handsets early as the release date wasn't until the 13th.

I also got an email from Samsung saying that because I ordered my phone early there were other offers made available after my order and I may be eligible for cashback and I need complete a form.

From what I could see I could have got some cashback, so tried to complete the online form but the s23 wasn't available in the list of items that I'd found cheaper elsewhere.

I tried for a few days and then on the 13th, which was the official release date it was available in the drop down menu. Completed it and submitted it and a few days later they emailed me saying I'd applied more than 7 days after my purchase date and I wasn't eligible lol. But obviously I couldn't even complete the form for over a week. sigh.

So yeah samsung in general don't have a clue about anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those having issues with Google Wallet - how's your signal at the time of issue? Have troubleshooted and poor signal is my next thread to pull.

My signal is crap most of the time; going inside a building pretty much guarantees no signal, anywhere around London Waterloo ain't happening and large swathes of SW London. Call quality on WiFi calling is shocking at times, switching over to a poor 1 or 2 bars of signal can sometimes be better. One of the guides said poor/no signal could be the reason but the more I think of it, not so sure now. As my former Poco F3 used the same sim and had no issues.
That was applicable to the very first release of Google wallet (when it switched from being Google pay) if you were trying to open the app rather than just paying using the default payment method.
Since the last 4+months it's not needed a phone signal to work.

Man of Honour
Do S22 Ultra cases fit an S23 Ultra?
My spigen thin case didn't fit. The camera lense holes are slightly out of position by 1-2mm and are wider in diameter than on the S22U so I had to get a new case. Maybe if your case doesn't have close fitting lense cutouts you might be ok, but I was able to order a case for next day delivery after I tried the old case on the new phone and it didn't fit.

Associate

You are definitely NOT liar.

I got my RED 512gb on the 7th Feb. Ordered while the Unpacked event was still on.

I hope you get yours soon.

Soldato
Got mine this morning , The official samsung screen protectors are a load of **** though, One had dust trapped between the blue and clear film when it came out of the box, and the other one has crease marks i can't get rid of
I had the same issue, you need to clean everything casually following the instructions before using them, the crease will go away after some time, I had this issue even once most of it went away I thought my screen had a issue because of a colourful line but it goes away.

Associate
That's a shame I have 4 S22U cases which I never used as Samsung took an age to deliver my custom 1Tb S22U phone, I cancelled, ended up with a Fold4 but the S23U looked so similar I was going to swap out the missus s20U out for an S23U.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are the first apps you installed on S23

also Google wallet or Samsung wallet

is it me or are some apps missing on the S23 which you had on older Samsung ? I had to install note but my old phone already had this installed

That's a shame I have 4 S22U cases which I never used as Samsung took an age to deliver my custom 1Tb S22U phone, I cancelled, ended up with a Fold4 but the S23U looked so similar I was going to swap out the missus s20U out for an S23U.
its a shame but I don't know if its something they needed to do because of changing the shape slightly or if it was just another money maker.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Got my S23U sky blue yesterday, looks and feels so premium, love it.

Had a screen protector ordered from Amazon to be Prime delivered by 10pm yesterday but it's been delayed. 5mins on Live Chat and they gave me refund and told me to keep it as a gift when it does come, can't complain with that.

Now the fun part (not) of transferring everything and setting up all the banking apps again. Smart Switch doesn't copy over app logins right?

Back
Top Bottom