**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
No new updates here to be honest.

I forgot whilst using a black theme on the AMOLED screens how much battery it saves, it's really increased my screen on time. Nearly 8 hours now.

Soldato
Just started using Samsung Internet Browser and my god is it much better than Chrome :)

Not only is it super quick at rendering pages and super smooth when navigating it just works so well. Also I love the Biometric password saving which just takes the work out of remembering everything but keeps it that bit more secure.

If you've been using Chrome it's certainly something I'd recommended trying out and seeing what you think.

Soldato
Based on the above I'm going to banish Chrome to the apps draw and bring Samsung browser to the homescreen for a try!

I just love how Chrome syncs bookmarks and history with my PC. I'll have to see if Samsung browser can do that... Unless any of you happen to know?

Soldato
Based on the above I'm going to banish Chrome to the apps draw and bring Samsung browser to the homescreen for a try!

I just love how Chrome syncs bookmarks and history with my PC. I'll have to see if Samsung browser can do that... Unless any of you happen to know?

The only reason I don't use Samsung browser is the sync bookmarks also.

Soldato
The only reason I don't use Samsung browser is the sync bookmarks also.
Yeah I might have to stick to Chrome. Giving Samsung a go now, and the biometric login is cool... Although Chrome is just as good when using the "keep me logged in" option on sites as you never need to log in again - albeit slightly less secure than Samsung

Associate
The Samsung browser is definitely a great browser, I've used it since owning my S8+. People need to try it to see for themselves it's a great browser.

Soldato
Just downloading the update here. Unlocked XEU S8.

Navigation bar
. Icons (fix/hide) have been added to the left hand side of the navigation bar, so you can see more of display without navigation concealing it
. The range of available background colours has been changed and, after updating the software, the background colour will be set to the default colour.

-Improved quality of panorama images from camera.

Big update for a lot of not much?

Seems to have broken the compatibility with navbar apps, I get random white background bars despite having a black theme and the set the navbar to use the theme colour.

Associate
Can you post a screenshot of the new navbar? I don't understand the changelog.

It's basically the same as the old but has a dot on left hand side that is used to hide the navbar. You can turn the option off in settings. But has Scotland says using the theme colour on the navbar is totally random now?

Back
Top Bottom