**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
I bought the Spigen NeoFlex screen protector. It's applied wet and was very easy to position. There's a video on how to apply it on their site:

https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-s9-screen-protector-neo-flex

I was sceptical as to whether the bubbles and marks would disappear after a few days, but sure enough they do. It's also case friendly so doesnt lift up on the edges. I'm using the Neo Hybrid case with it.

Soldato
Only seen your original post now but personally I would have stuck with the s7 and gone sim only. Then just put a few quid away each month and when you've got enough buy whatever phone you want. It's what I did a few years ago when my kids were born and I wouldn't go back to phone contract again.

I've got the s9 which i paid fully, it just helps having an extra few quid each month to use on the kids instead.

That could have been an option but to be fair I got a good deal that I was happy with so I don't really mind.

I am trying to cut down on spending as I have my first child and am about to start renovating a house but Ive done it in other areas so don't feel too guilty about having a decent phone. The cars and the nights out have been dramatically cut so I have to keep the odd perk!

Associate
Can anybody recommend a good front cover/shield?

The Dome Glass I can recommend. Bit of a faff to install but does go on well if you follow instructions. Glass screen protector that wraps round edges well and glue seems to do the job. Downside is it is expensive at £40 :eek::eek:

Only seen your original post now but personally I would have stuck with the s7 and gone sim only. Then just put a few quid away each month and when you've got enough buy whatever phone you want. It's what I did a few years ago when my kids were born and I wouldn't go back to phone contract again.

I've got the s9 which i paid fully, it just helps having an extra few quid each month to use on the kids instead.

Personally won't go contract myself. I go 12month sim only, generally getting a deal after Christmas when offers are on. Don't like 2 year contracts. Wasn't very keen on 12month sim only contracts a year or two back but both EE and Vodafone have improved round here (rural) over last 2 years. Young children can eat your money at an alarming rate and get worse the older they get :D

Associate
Whitestone Dome gets my vote also. Yes it's expensive but good. Take your time, look at the YouTube videos and then apply it.

^^ Yes, all that :)

Applied mine the other evening. All went pretty well and stuck down ok. Did end up with a small air bubble of about 1mm. Saw it form in the glue as it spread once the glass had been dropped onto it. Don't think it was dust as managed to move it by pressing on the glass a little but wouldn't push to the edge. Alternative was to lift the glass and start again. Didn't much fancy that :eek: Not noticeable so much when in use and very small. Glass is very smooth and coating on glass seems ok on mine as not bad at collecting finger prints. It actually feels smoother than the original glass. If not for cut out at top for speaker and sensors you'd not notice it was on. Expensive but gives the display some protection.

Soldato
My Dome is holding up just fine on my new S8+ some 4 weeks now and it is as good as the day it went on. I previously mentioned I had 99% coverage due to me not cleaning the glass fully after a botched first attempt. So in the bottom right corner edge the adhesive hasn't fully spread but it is very hard to see unless you look at an angle. Even that edge hasn't changed since I applied it. The smoothness is still present and feels good everytime I use it.

I just need a new case as the Spigen Neo Hybrid is garbage in terms of build quality and since the Dome is thick, the case's small raised height profile is reduced a lot.

Soldato
I bought a dex pad which I cannot get to work, it constantly says I need a Samsung fast charger to use the Dex Pad, ive tried alsorts, unfortunately mine came with a US plug and I don't have an adapter and I cant find my S9+ box with all the bits in

Soldato
I bought a dex pad which I cannot get to work, it constantly says I need a Samsung fast charger to use the Dex Pad, ive tried alsorts, unfortunately mine came with a US plug and I don't have an adapter and I cant find my S9+ box with all the bits in

Buy a UK one?

If you have a us phone you might not get the full functionality you expect anyway.

Soldato
Bought it from amazon thinking it would have UK one and I have a UK btu
Amazon and the amazon marketplace are not the same thing.

Trust me I work closely on that and people selling international versions off the back of UK listings fulfilled by amazon is a very well known fraud route.

If you though you were buying UK but got an international version with an adapter and UK software version basically means you’ve been had.

Companies spend a lot of time chasing down people illegally flashing phones.

You’ve got no warranty.. seriously, send it back.

Soldato
Honestly I love Amazon, I use it all the time as a customer but as a supplier it's an absolute cesspit.

Amazon will buy anything from anyone and if you say it's the same as whatever ASIN you're supplying they have such scale they just have to take your word for it.

So you can end up in the situation like you're in now where you've bought in good faith and don't get what you're expecting.. or as I thought had happened you I'm sure plenty of people (my other half included) buy "from amazon" and then realise they've bought off the amazon platform.

And then downstream Amazon beat the crap out of their suppliers to provide this "service"..

The closer I get the more conflicted I get.

Soldato
Was Amazon itself not a marketplace seller

Lol I've just realised you're talking about the dex pad being an international version not the phone.

Either way, same thing happens both ways round... I work with them on wearables and the amount of people buying international stuff with no idea because Amazon are listing against UK ASINs is terrifying.

Soldato
So after having numerous issues with trying to purchase a OP6, I looked at some mobile deals and stumbled across an S9+ with 50GB data for £45pm. I won’t ever use 50GB but for some odd reason it was the cheapest option?!

OP6 may be cheaper outright but combine it with a decent SIM only and its only around £100 odd difference and I prefer Samsung plus it’ll be easier to sell in 2 years time!

Soldato
Lol I've just realised you're talking about the dex pad being an international version not the phone.

Either way, same thing happens both ways round... I work with them on wearables and the amount of people buying international stuff with no idea because Amazon are listing against UK ASINs is terrifying.
It's the 3rd parties who choose which ASIN to sell against. About 5 years ago I bought about 10 Chinese Android tablets basically to get myself a free one and listed them against the same model and some other reseller sent me a really crappy email saying that ASIN was their own copyright (lol) because they created the original listing. If companies are selling grey imports without UK plus or something then you can complain that they aren't the same model/item.

Back
Top Bottom