**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
I think it might be coming in an update to be faked in software but technically it shouldn't work.. it generally requires 2 cameras to achieve the depth effect

I don't know how the 2 cameras work but why can it not get a sense of depth when turned portrait? If I turn my head sideways so that my eyes are vertical, I still see in 3D because my eyes are still seeing two slightly different perspectives.

Soldato
My mistake, I see what's going on now. I have an S9+ with two cameras and presumed the S9 had two cameras also.

What is the portrait mode? Not sure I've seen this on my S9+.

Ah see that I don't know as I only have an S8+, I'm guessing its in the camera menu but for stuff like this youtube is always worth a look, people post guides on almost everything.

Soldato
Took the plunge - ordered an S9 in black last night.

Coming to the end of my contract with my original Google Pixel, which has been a brilliant phone thus far - but has recently started to lock up a bit; so I treated myself to another contract :D Cheaper than my Pixel with masses more data and no more Vodafone - win win win!

First Samsung phone, erm, ever I think. Hopign that the S9 doesn't stutter like my Wife's S7 Edge does - been used to stock Android for many years, but previous commentators on here (for the S8/S9) say its now all good.

Soldato
I personally find stock android a bit stark nowadays, I used to be all over the ROM flashing with the awful executions and late updates to very obvious improvements.

Now I've got an S8+ on Android 8 and frankly I couldn't notice the difference when it updated from 7.. I think we're past that now.

Plus the first thing I do on any android phone is install nova launcher so yeah.. I'd say do it :)

Associate
I personally find stock android a bit stark nowadays, I used to be all over the ROM flashing with the awful executions and late updates to very obvious improvements.

Now I've got an S8+ on Android 8 and frankly I couldn't notice the difference when it updated from 7.. I think we're past that now.

Plus the first thing I do on any android phone is install nova launcher so yeah.. I'd say do it :)

That was my thinking. While timely updates are nice. It just doesn't seem to have as many features as other OEM's

Associate
Howl howl howl :mad: Somehow the glass over the camera lens has smashed with a big hole through on my S9+. No idea how that has happened. I have a Gear4 case on but doesn't cover camera of course. Must have got pressured in my pocket. No doubt cost a small fortune to repair and don't have insurance.

Soldato
Associate
Back
Top Bottom