**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
FoneFix in York said they'll replace the lens glass for £15 so may as well let them do it. Got sellotape over lens's to keep crap out - gives a lovely soft focus effect to photos :rolleyes:

Associate
Most of the time I have a Gear4 case on my s9plus but is bulky. If not working and going out I often take the case off to reduce the bulk. Been looking at getting a skin for it. Do these skins offer more grip as find the naked S9 Plus a little slippery when it's bare. Then, which skin is worth buying? Dbrand or one the skin suppliers based in UK? TIA..

Soldato
Android pi beta due to drop this week according to the Samsung conference app which takes place 7th/8th November.

You'll need to install the Samsung members app and sign in to be able to sign into the beta

Soldato
Not noticed them on mine but I am using Nova Launcher. What are the animations?

I have Nova as well. If you have any notifications, when you slide down the buttons/tiles as far as it can go, then the notification icons drop down into a row.

Its difficult to explain but kinda cool when you see it.

Associate
Anyone else having difficulty with fast charging? The cable that came with the phone got chewed through and I'm yet to find an alternative one that is both 3M long and fast charges.

Soldato
Anyone else having difficulty with fast charging? The cable that came with the phone got chewed through and I'm yet to find an alternative one that is both 3M long and fast charges.

My question is how are you struggling.. I literally just typed fast charge usb c cable 3m into amazon and got pages of results.

More to the point, it's the block you plug it into that's the bit that decides whether it's fast charge not the cable. I accept some really really bad cables may be able to ruin that but for the most part they just pass whatever signal is put into it.

Soldato
That doesn't answer my question.. because that will be the bit that determines whether it's fast charge so how are you getting in a pickle over the cable you plug into it?

Associate
Had the glass over the camera lens's replaced and never gave it a thought untill I tried to take a photo the following day. Camera seemed unable to focus, only being in focus at about a range of 4 inches. Focus tracking and what have you all seem to work just not focusing at all. Think the pillocks who repaired it would check the camera before handing it back. Never crossed my mind as assumed they would. Can't be bothered to dick about so dropped it in at carphone warehouse with instructions to repair (but no mention of glass :eek: ). Should have took it to them in first place.

Soldato
Had the S9 for almost 2 weeks, but my existing carrier offered me a decent deal on the S9 Plus - so I have now moved over to that.

I am yet to use the camera properly (i.e. outdoors), but so far, it's a brilliant phone - albeit, with lots of pre-loaded **** :(

Associate
I have Nova as well. If you have any notifications, when you slide down the buttons/tiles as far as it can go, then the notification icons drop down into a row.

Its difficult to explain but kinda cool when you see it.

Hasn't that been there for some time - the little icons that overflow as you pull the notifications down?

Associate
Hi, new here and first post. I am hoping some of you can help me. If anyone went from an S7 edge to a S9/S9+ then please do read on, as your help/advise really would be appreciated.

I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have had this for 2 years and generally I am very happy with it. Right now the battery life does suffer a little, and on long days I am preserving its use for it to last me as much as can be, but generally I am very satisfied with it. However, I feel in need of an upgrade. It is also aging physically.

Right now through Black Friday there are some very nice S9 deals. I can get it for zero upfront, £38 a month on a 24 month contract with 25GB of Data. As it gets closer to Black Friday, I may even be able to get it cheaper so it is very appealing. Question is.. should I?? Right now I am paying £20 for SIM only so this will be a little jump in price.

I do really like the look of the S9. I also love the look of the S8 actually but the idea of a better speaker in the S9 really draws me in plus the fact that suprisingly, the S9 have better deals at the moment. I know the S10 is right round the corner, but unless this comes with significant improvements I dont think I will be tempted by what will be at least to begin with big prices. Does anyone know of any better upgrade deals than the one above? I was looking at the S9+ but on carphone warehouse on EE the best deal is at £43 per month with £149 upfront for the 128GB version. I would be willing to pay the £40 mark, but definatly not that much upfront for a black friday deal with the S10 round the corner.

There is also one nagging concern that is stopping me from purchasing at the moment - the battery. What do people advise? How are people getting on with the S9 with this that have ideally upgraded from the S7 edge which people generally praised for its battery? I plan on using my devices for a minimum of 2 years. Is the S9 good for this? Or would you advise me waiting to see what the S10 has in stock? Even though it is unlikely I will want to pay anything more than £45 a month (tops!) for my contract?

Some help and advise really would be massively appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom