*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Anyone playing Gotham Knights on the Deck? im using the highest settings spec that ive seen posted online and using proton hotfix, mostly playing docked mode, ive also capped at 30fps

most of the time it runs fine but it does crash occasionally during gameplay and it always crashes when i go to the momentum abilities tab, every single time.

is this happening for anyone else?

Soldato
I honestly cannoty believe how good the steam deck is.

So far, all dreamcast, switch, N64 games have played effortly. Installed ubisoft connect without an issue, Asassins Ctreed origins runnign at 50fps in most places, unreal!!
All I need to do is install remote play for the PS5 and i'm good to go lol..

Buy one..

Soldato
Got my 64GB Deck yesterday. Ordered 17th. Very happy so far! I have mostly just spent my time tinkering and installing things so far. Upgraded it to 1tb which was incredibly easy. Got it dual booting SteamOS and Windows 10. Got all drivers and etc installed + games I want to play. Currently sat in a dock connected up to my monitor and I'm using it instead of my PC. Pulls an average of 5w in web browsing mode, up to 16w when gaming. Windows + Destiny 2 runs really well with a mix of low - medium settings and still hitting around 50fps.

Very very happy with this so far!

Associate
Can i put steam games onto a portable ssd, in windows, then connect that to the usbc port and copy the games to the sd card on the steam deck?

Ive googled it but all i get now, is a million sites telling me how to transfer games from pc over the local network. I should get my deck tomorrow at work, internet at the office is appalling, so i want to copy a few games onto it to try it out.

being able to format the sd card into the deck and then putting it my laptop to copy files onto it would achieve the same thing, but i'm assuming the card is formatted in some linux format?

Although, i guess i'm limited by the write speed of the SD card, which is still probably faster than the connection at work.

Caporegime
Going to have to get my deck replaced, constant random crashing, regardless of the game or where it's installed.

It's so sporadic I just assumed it was immaturity of the device, but trying to play Evil Within 2 last night was urgh.
Shame as I've used my deck more than my PC recently.

Caporegime
that does sound like a hardware issue...... the odd game crashes on my deck but in general it is very stable.... esp if playing verified games on it.

See it's hard working out if it's a fault or not.
Like I played 30 minutes on DMC 5 fine.

Then later played 5 minutes and it force closed the app.

It either works fine, or crashes within 5 minutes or 10 minutes.

Associate
So if i press the power button, the screen goes off, but i cant seem to get it back on again. Ive tried pressing the button again, nothing. If i press and hold, i get the power menu. The steam button and the other button brings up the menus as it should, but the background stays black. Volume keys work etc.... am i missing something? How is this supposed to work?

This doesnt seem right at all. The only way to get the screen back is to go into desktop mode, then click the icon to go into game mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom