The Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' Spoiler Discussion Thread...

Soldato
I saw it last night and for the most part I really enjoyed it. My only disappointments were how Bane turned out to be little more than a puppet, and how anti-climactic his death was. That sort of death is what would usually be reserved for a generic goon, not the main villain. I was also a bit confused why Nolan introduced Robin if he isn't going to do another film, maybe he was asked to leave a few story threads so that another film could be made?

Speaking of which, does anyone think they won't do another Batman film fairly soon? I'm not suggesting that Nolan or Bale will return for it (though you never know), but surely Warner Bros aren't going to let what has been a massively successful franchise both commercially and critically just disappear or fade away? I would be surprised if they haven't announced a new Batman film within 3 years.

Soldato
I saw it yesterday, I enjoyed it but had a few issues. Not things that really ruined the movie, but made me wtf a bit.

No explanation for Bane being so ridiculously strong. Batman can take down 10 guys hand to hand without issue, but Bane just shrugs off his attacks and Bane can punch chunks out of the wall.

Bane's accent. I had no issue understanding him, but he started to sound more comical to the point where it reminded me of Matt Berry's Renholm from the IT crowd...

The kid escaping the prison could not look more male if he tried, yet it's actually Talia Al Ghul.

How long was that last two minute countdown on the bomb! Plus the fact it was detonated just in the bay would've still had huge shockwaves inland and presumably radiation fallout..

And it might just be me, but there wasn't really enough actual Batman in the Batman film?

Soldato
I saw it last night and for the most part I really enjoyed it. My only disappointments were how Bane turned out to be little more than a puppet, and how anti-climactic his death was. That sort of death is what would usually be reserved for a generic goon, not the main villain. I was also a bit confused why Nolan introduced Robin if he isn't going to do another film, maybe he was asked to leave a few story threads so that another film could be made?

No its just how Nolans story ends.

The symbol of hope lives on, its telegraphed throughout the whole film, it doesnt matter who Batman is, so long as there IS a Batman, which obviously Robin is going to go on to be in that story.

You could leave the Batman story there and Waynes story and the Batman legend, or at least Nolans interpretation is explained in its entirety.

Soldato
Speaking of which, does anyone think they won't do another Batman film fairly soon? I'm not suggesting that Nolan or Bale will return for it (though you never know), but surely Warner Bros aren't going to let what has been a massively successful franchise both commercially and critically just disappear or fade away? I would be surprised if they haven't announced a new Batman film within 3 years.

Well there was a 4 year gap between TDK (2008) and TDKR (2012) but yeah I reckon 2 years max before more details of the reboot are announced and although Nolan is producing the reboot I dont expect it to tie into this trilogy whatsoever

Soldato

I get what fallout is (the link seems to talk about power stations?) and the water vapour from an airburst above the sea would cause irradiated rainfall/fallout. It's a bit of a tangent, I just don't see a several MT weapon bursting just offshore being the 'we're all saved' moment the movie makes it. It would still have pretty big consequences, albeit far from it going off inland.

Like I say, a tangent :p

Soldato
Still doesn't really explain why he's practically invincible though. I suppose I know Bane as a Superhuman kind of character which might be my disappointment. There was just very little information to fill that huge change to the character.

It absolutely did, the mask clearly delivered a painkiller that not only dulled the pain of his botched surgery, but also afforded immunity to the pain of a fight, that gave him a major edge in combat, especially if you account for his league of shadows training.

Soldato
It absolutely did, the mask clearly delivered a painkiller that not only dulled the pain of his botched surgery, but also afforded immunity to the pain of a fight, that gave him a major edge in combat, especially if you account for his league of shadows training.

I must have entirely missed the painkiller bit? :p

Associate
Saw this earlier - certainly my favourite in the franchise despite the cheese ending. TDKR > Begins > TDK. Probably the opposite of how most people feel though!

Soldato
No its just how Nolans story ends.

The symbol of hope lives on, its telegraphed throughout the whole film, it doesnt matter who Batman is, so long as there IS a Batman, which obviously Robin is going to go on to be in that story.

You could leave the Batman story there and Waynes story and the Batman legend, or at least Nolans interpretation is explained in its entirety.

I understand that, it just seems stupid to make a point of revealing Blake's Christian name to be Robin if he is then going to go on to be Batman. It's just asking for trouble from fans of the comic books, why not just leave it as him being Blake?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got back not so long ago from the cinema. What a letdown that movie turned out to be. It just dragged on and on. TDK was much better movie. Thought Spiderman movie was much better too.

Oh and the m&m trailer showing scenes from the movie came up for us too. We were like what the... :rolleyes:

Overall we came out of the movie: :(

Soldato
Enjoyed the film, not a good as dk but still a good film. Also are the people who couldn't understand bane deaf? i could hear every word and his voice seemed pretty clear to me.

Associate
Went to see this tonight with the better half, didn't really have a problem with Bane's dialog. I thought Anne Hathaway was really, really good as Catwoman, can't say I liked her very much before this but she knocked it out of the park in this one.

It's one of the best films I've seen in the cinema in a long time, and a real shame that Nolan/Bale won't be going on after this, but then again as soon as Robin gets introduced it probably is time to quit.

Associate
Just got back from this an hour ago. Me and my friend decided to go see it at the last minute (we were going to see it on thursday but both of us had tonight off)
We got the last two seats available which were right at the front and it was uncomfortable looking straight up at the screen but it was worth every moment.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to understand some of what bane was saying but I understood every thing he said. I couldn't say the same for the Russian doctor though.

I knew the film was going to be great but it was a lot better than what I thought it was.
I loved that bane broke batmans back I was hoping they would have had that in the film and him coming back and kicking butt.

I wasnt too shocked by the twist because I had seen a production photo with the bird who plays marandia tate/talia where she was stood on top of one of those cameo tumblers so I suspected then she was a bad guy (well girl)

I thought it was going to be a big plot hole with bane being the kid who escaped then him getting beaten in the same prison I am glad that the kid ended up being someone else.

The only two gripes I have with the movie is the bane crying and the way he is killed. Other than those two the film was fantastic. I thought it was a better film than the dark kight and begins

Back
Top Bottom