** The Official WWDC 2011 Thread **

Soldato
OP
Tipb.com said:
Apple has filed their trademark under 12 distinct International Classes covering such matters as delivering digital music by telecommunications, electronic storage, online social networking services, multimedia content for a fee or pre-paid subscription, computer software, electronic books and magazines, entertainment, photographic services, business management and advertising services, games, headgear and digital devices/computers.

Apple Official Takes iCloud.com - Source

My whole take on this is...

MobileMe.com will become iCloud.com
iCloud.com will allow for complete iTunes syncing over the internet
iCloud will include MobileMe features as well new features such as the photographic service with Twitter etc.

Next Monday can not come sooner :p

Soldato
^ Sounds about right (with game saves in the cloud too etc) They could make real headway in the EU as Amazon/Google services are US only atm.

Will the basic service be free?

Soldato
OP
^ Sounds about right (with game saves in the cloud too etc) They could make real headway in the EU as Amazon/Google services are US only atm.

Will the basic service be free?
There are rumours that some the service will be free to users who upgrade to the Lion OS

Caporegime
I can't see there being an IP5...IP4s mabbeh, but not a 5. Would make sense, follow the same suite as the 3G - 3GS

Plus I'm hopeful as that means when the IP5 comes out next year I'll be due for my upgrade :D

Although I am very much looking forward to Lion :)

Man of Honour
We know that its a software based keynote and I suppose people will just have to hope Apple go for a 'one more thing' stunt.

I really can't express what a large mistake I think it would be to not even announce a new iPhone.

Announcing it doesn't mean it has to be on the market inside of 2 weeks, it could be 1-2 months.

Soldato
OP
I'm so syked for this one :) It looks like there's going to be a lot of new stuff :)

According to the blogosphere, Apple stores have started getting promotional material to be opened on Tuesday.

Soldato
OP
Surely the promo stuff is for Lion, not anything hardware related though?
I think hardware wise we can probably expect stealth upgrades to Time Machine and Macbook Air - but it'll be a five minute little "Oh and by the way, we've upgraded these, check them out in store".

But that's it. Next weeks WWDC will be software heavy to be sure :)

Associate
It's unusual for them to be so obviously setting these posters up.

In previous years haven't all the banners inside been covered with curtains until opening day?

Soldato
I'm officially excited now, I really hope this is what I've been looking for (iTunes streaming etc.)

To have a large collection of tunes but having that tied to one computer is annoying, and portable devices can never carry it all, so this missing gap I hope Apple fill it.

If it's true of all purchases being made streamable and all your personal songs uploaded to the cloud it would free up so much, you wouldn't need big HDDs anymore, and knowing you could access your content anywhere with wifi would be epic.

Soldato
It will be an utter fail if they do not even announce a new iPhone. They can release in 2-3 months time, but with the competition now far ahead, they at least need to catch up hardware wise which they can easily do with the A5 processor and obviously more ram, storage space etc. Looking more and more like an iPhone 4 'S' of sorts rather then a 5 with all the focus on software, but I can't see them not mentioning it at all.

Man of Honour
The hardware is ok really it's just iOS that needs updating, it really is a bit dated now. :\

I would be a bit concerned about putting a more advanced OS update onto the iPhone 4, it would likely make it even less fluid than the latest updates have done. I'm not worried about the iPad 2 though.

Back
Top Bottom