*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Agree with the controllers feeling slightly smaller than the 360's, but as for range, seemed exactly the same as the 360's to me. (i.e controller cuts out at exactly the same places in my house as the previous ones.)

Well 5 weeks after sending the faulty one off my replacement Day One controller finally showed up :mad:. Of course I need to sell it now as I went out and bought a replacement to use in the meantime :rolleyes:

That's sold to retail (shipped) which suggests that 900k were unsold (as Microsoft already annouced they sold through to customers 3 million)

Certainly proves that there is no yield issues and no shortage either

I don't think Microsoft released a specific figure for actual consoles sold did they? They just said 'over 3 million'.

Sales figures will only tell a story over time however. At the minute it's making MS and Sony lots of money so both of them will be happy.

Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper

Microsoft has announced Xbox Live's digital prices may be revised, as the company is planning to reassess how competitive current listings are.

The news comes courtesy of Microsoft's Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hryb, who jumped into a Reddit thread lamenting how digital downloads are often more expensive than retail offerings.

"We are way aware of this and many of the concerns of the community," he said, before reassuring commenters that competitive pricing is "on the agenda."

The company caught some flack in December when it made the decision to raise the price of a number of Xbox One digital titles. Hopefully this means the change could be reversed at some stage in the future.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/microsoft-considering-making-digital-games-cheaper

I hope this is true. Surely MS don't sell many digital versions of game releases? The pricing is ridiculous.

That's sold to retail (shipped) which suggests that 900k were unsold (as Microsoft already annouced they sold through to customers 3 million)

Certainly proves that there is no yield issues and no shortage either

We've got about 6 at work, they've been sat there for ages. No PS4s lately but it's all anyone is asking for.

Purely anecdotal evidence though, but it does seem like the Xbox One has had a much warmer reception in the US than over here.

Last edited:
Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/microsoft-considering-making-digital-games-cheaper

I hope this is true. Surely MS don't sell many digital versions of game releases? The pricing is ridiculous.

All my Xbox One games are digital (downloaded not on a disc before anyone says all games are digital) except BF4 which I got bundled with the console.

At release they were the same price and with some care buying MS points online even possibly cheaper.

Going forward, digital is great and the only "downside" is sometimes you miss out on exclusive content, but frankly most of thats not worth worrying about. A price reduction however can only be a good thing.

the only "downside" is sometimes you miss out on exclusive content

- No second hand purchases
- Can't sell on completed games
- Can't rent games (massive deal for single player games)
- No price decay with age
- No competition so prices are fixed
- Can't lend games to friends
- No nice collection on your shelf
- No longevity to your collection (you rely on MS still allowing you access to downloadable games should you ever have to replace your console/HDD, games like MvC are already being pulled from 360's download service)
- Disk space is a resource

Benefits? Just the one, you don't have to get off your fat arse to change the game :p

Last edited:
The majority of benefits are on the publishers side...

No manufacturing costs - profit!
Much lower distribution costs - profit!
Lazy mugs will pay more for it cos it's convenient - profit!
Game can't be returned or sold on if it's pants - profit!
It kills the second hand market - profit!

Is it really any wonder that the big publishers are pushing it so heavily?

Personally though, I barely take advantage of trade in (Always too late)
Never lend them out either.

But have forza on HDD is awesome, It was a smart move by them to give every one a taster of what its like to have a hDD loaded game.
I worry about free disc space though......

interesting test...managed to navigate entirely by voice to start my COD download without having to touch the pad, getting more impressed by the voice tech in this.

Just added another year of xbox live I got free and checked and I've got gold until February 2016. Pretty much offsets any saving of a ps4 for me :o.

Anyone know when you can use microsoft points cards until?

- No second hand purchases I have never bought a second hand game
- Can't sell on completed games I have never traded in a game
- Can't rent games (massive deal for single player games) Not true I can still rent games im not sure about buying or are short SP blasts
- No price decay with age Not true they do drop in price but a lot slower I admit
- No competition so prices are fixed True but you can get discount MS credit and there is talk of the market place "keeping parity with stores"
- Can't lend games to friends Blame the anti MS group for that
- No nice collection on your shelf I see that as a plus I currently have over 80 360 games in a box in the loft
- No longevity to your collection (you rely on MS still allowing you access to downloadable games should you ever have to replace your console/HDD, games like MvC are already being pulled from 360's download service) Its a rare problem but I see your point

I think as it matures it will be more and more like steam with deep discount sales and more a more steam like system.

That and I am really really lazy and don't like getting up off my fat ass.

- No longevity to your collection (you rely on MS still allowing you access to downloadable games should you ever have to replace your console/HDD, games like MvC are already being pulled from 360's download service) Its a rare problem but I see your point

Pretty sure if it is on your download list you can still redownload even after it had been pulled from Xbox Live

Back
Top Bottom