*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Saying there is no competition to the consoles store would be silly though. The xb1 store is competing with the ps4 and vice versa. And right now both are being undercut by physical sales, so they have to find a way to fight that.

Where is the competition on the Xbox live store if you only have a Xbone? The PS4 store isn't a competitor in this scenario at all as you can't exactly go and buy a Xbone game on PSN... Retail copies are technically the competition but what if you want digital only?! You have one choice, pay whatever Xbox Live is charging.

Steam is very different in this scenario as games can be bought from multiple sources and the key used on Steam itself. You don't have to buy the game through Steam to use it on Steam.

Kreee even said above that he buys steam games.

Steam is different because it offers games at competitive prices

A £45+ download is only competitive on launch (and even then not great..)

I wouldn't call steam pricing competitive, you can always find it cheaper as a cdkey

Where is the competition on the Xbox live store if you only have a Xbone? The PS4 store isn't a competitor in this scenario at all as you can't exactly go and buy a Xbone game on PSN... Retail copies are technically the competition but what if you want digital only?! You have one choice, pay whatever Xbox Live is charging.

Steam is very different in this scenario as games can be bought from multiple sources and the key used on Steam itself. You don't have to buy the game through Steam to use it on Steam.

The store prices will be one of the deciding factors when choosing which console though. If the same games are cheaper on one people will lean towards that.

There is also nothing, at all, stopping the sale of xb1 and ps4 download codes same as steam in the future.

Is there not a thread on here about a cheap code for COD to buy? so you can buy the game digitally away from Live and find it cheaper.

Steam is different because it offers games at competitive prices

Outside of the Steam sales, I wouldn't call them particularly competitive. It's nearly always cheaper to buy the game from Green Man Gaming, Amazon etc and then activate it on Steam. The only time I buy games on Steam itself is in the sales.

In any case, there are a lot of factors that cause download prices on consoles to stay high versus the price of physical copies. Ultimately though, when you don't have an actual physical product sitting in a warehouse or a store with an actual monetary value attached to it, the incentive to reduce prices isn't there.

The only way download prices will come down is if/when MS, Sony and the publishers consciously decide to do it, as opposed to supply, demand and competition affecting the price in the usual retail channels.

I highly doubt that the idea was to bring prices down. Unfortunately MS' implementation of it was poorly done (and poorly explained) so it's really no surprise that it faced the resistance it did. If they'd wanted it to succeed they'd have put a bit more thought into how people would react to being told that they need to regularly prove they own their games in order to play them.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

As a Gears fan I'm quite looking forward to see what they will do with the Gears franchise.

Hopefully the next game will be better than Judgement, I did enjoy it online though.

Never played Judgement, didn't like the MP demo, it just didn't feel like Gears to me. I was never good at the MP though (truly, truly terribad to be honest).

I would like to see a new campaign, loved the first 3 SP campaigns, and the drop in/out co-op. And another upgrade to Horde mode from GoW 3 would be cool.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

As a Gears fan I'm quite looking forward to see what they will do with the Gears franchise.

Hopefully the next game will be better than Judgement, I did enjoy it online though.

Judgement was a terrible SP game. Just set pieces, dreadful. The online was the best yet, not the bets maps but the best gameplay, then they listened to the whingers on the forum who didn't like it because it wasn't Gears 3.

It was a brilliant fast paced shooter, well balanced and great spawns. Then they gave back the two weapon loadout, nerfed the Lancer and it went back to Gears 2/3. The Gnasher numpties even moaned that the lancer users could Melee just like them. So that got nerfed. Now funnily enough no one plays Gears Judgement anymore. Finally they had a game to try to draw in new players and it got wrecked. :(

If they make a new one it better have Horde because I won't bother with another gnasher fest.

Judgement was a terrible SP game. Just set pieces, dreadful. The online was the best yet, not the bets maps but the best gameplay, then they listened to the whingers on the forum who didn't like it because it wasn't Gears 3.

It was a brilliant fast paced shooter, well balanced and great spawns. Then they gave back the two weapon loadout, nerfed the Lancer and it went back to Gears 2/3. The Gnasher numpties even moaned that the lancer users could Melee just like them. So that got nerfed. Now funnily enough no one plays Gears Judgement anymore. Finally they had a game to try to draw in new players and it got wrecked. :(

If they make a new one it better have Horde because I won't bother with another gnasher fest.

Never like gears MP, BUT horde was great fun, judgement was a rental i didn't even finish which says a lot.

Ok, is there a way to adjust the volume levels of party chat? one of my friends is MEGA loud one is really quiet and I cant find anyway to adjust the levels. I guess its a Kinect issue one closer to the mic than the other.

I must be weird as I cant see any difference except for the numbers, curious though if the PS4 is THAT much more powerful...why is it dropping such a large amount of FPS during the action scene and not the pre-rendered scenes?

Back
Top Bottom