*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Well I turned on my XO and launched DR3, only to be told it needed to download the 13gb patch, so much for it DL while in standby... So Im selling DR3, from what I have played of it I don't think it's worth the wait to be able to continue to play a game I have already started!!!
So far it's already downloaded over 3gb when I first installed the game, this is taking the mick, and if it's a sign of things to come from the OX then Ill be selling it too, my terrible BB speeds make the system useless...
How on earth does a game need such big patches?

I'd wager the DLC coming (season pass at 24 quid seems pricey....) and with the game having a co-op element they need to get everyone to the same point data wise so that the co-op player base isn't fragmented?

Gonna be a bit cheeky and ask if anyones got a XBL trial lying about?

Get paid at the end of the month, and until then am very tight with finances..

Feel like a right proon asking on a forum.. :laugh:

Well I turned on my XO and launched DR3, only to be told it needed to download the 13gb patch, so much for it DL while in standby... So Im selling DR3, from what I have played of it I don't think it's worth the wait to be able to continue to play a game I have already started!!!
So far it's already downloaded over 3gb when I first installed the game, this is taking the mick, and if it's a sign of things to come from the OX then Ill be selling it too, my terrible BB speeds make the system useless...

On the 360 MS limited publishers from releasing forced updates above a certain size (500mb?).
Part of the negotiating this gen with both PS4 and XBO is developers wanted free control to release patches of any size when they see fit - not after MS/Sony has given the 'ok' - similar to a PC system (Steam for example) - and now you end up with developers forcing you to download DLC you might not even buy to play the game.
Updates in general though are just crazy this gen so far - on my PS4 i've downloaded well over 60gb in updates(!) so far and its only months old!

Yeah to be fair this system isn't for you. My internet gobbled up that patch in 10 minutes though. I think my sky box downloads 250gb of content per month of hd movies though so moaning about a 13gb patch is silly.

It's the fact you get no option, I.E. if you dont want to play multiplayer, then you should be able to skip the patch... at least I could continue to play the game in single player that I paid for.
whats the patches like for COD: Ghosts, are they big too as I might trade in DR3 for it?

It's the fact you get no option, I.E. if you dont want to play multiplayer, then you should be able to skip the patch... at least I could continue to play the game in single player that I paid for.
whats the patches like for COD: Ghosts, are they big too as I might trade in DR3 for it?

Don't connect it to a network and it won't download anything :)

Why? Pre-ordering is a great way to get new games cheaper than they ever are on release day. If you're pre-ordering at full-price, you're doing it wrong.

I guess BF4 has taught me the lesson, I wont be touching a new game now till others have owned it and seen what its like.

I guess BF4 has taught me the lesson, I wont be touching a new game now till others have owned it and seen what its like.

Good point there, considering I nearly bought a PS4 almost solely for BF4 I'm glad I didn't. I've lost interest in it now; even if they fix the game entirely I still don't think I'd be buying it purely based on the state it was released in. It's like they learned nothing from BF3.

On the 360 MS limited publishers from releasing forced updates above a certain size (500mb?).
Part of the negotiating this gen with both PS4 and XBO is developers wanted free control to release patches of any size when they see fit - not after MS/Sony has given the 'ok' - similar to a PC system (Steam for example) - and now you end up with developers forcing you to download DLC you might not even buy to play the game.
Updates in general though are just crazy this gen so far - on my PS4 i've downloaded well over 60gb in updates(!) so far and its only months old!

Any sources for that? AFAIK from reading the dev story about DR3 a lot of it is fixes and re-writes of existing stuff, they aren't forcing you to download the DLC.

Only games I've seen it on are Battlefield games and NFS Most Wanted, but they make sense as you would have people with missing content.

BF3 was a very smooth run compared to this, I have to admit, it has killed my enthusiasm quite a bit for the new console, but I put that down to the game not the console, im hoping something like TF can bring it back a little.

Is this the size patches are going to be now? I'd be screwed too. Has there been any confirmation why patches have suddenly shot up in size?

I thought this patch also included all the content for the DLC, which is why it's so big, could be wrong through?
I wouldn't be surprised about that. It might contain all the core files needed for the DLC, and then the DLC downloads will be relatively small. Hopefully by having a big download now it'll ensure smaller downloads for the rest of the DLC and still ensure co-op will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom