*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

- No second hand purchases I have never bought a second hand game
- Can't sell on completed games I have never traded in a game
- Can't rent games (massive deal for single player games) Not true I can still rent games im not sure about buying or are short SP blasts
- No price decay with age Not true they do drop in price but a lot slower I admit
- No competition so prices are fixed True but you can get discount MS credit and there is talk of the market place "keeping parity with stores"
- Can't lend games to friends Blame the anti MS group for that
- No nice collection on your shelf I see that as a plus I currently have over 80 360 games in a box in the loft
- No longevity to your collection (you rely on MS still allowing you access to downloadable games should you ever have to replace your console/HDD, games like MvC are already being pulled from 360's download service) Its a rare problem but I see your point

I think as it matures it will be more and more like steam with deep discount sales and more a more steam like system.

That and I am really really lazy and don't like getting up off my fat ass.

I'd like to note that I do use steam for all my PC games, so really price is the ultimate limiting factor for me.

Make regular dirt cheap sales for old games and I will completely change my tune!

I think as it matures it will be more and more like steam with deep discount sales and more a more steam like system.

The barrier will continue to be that MS, Sony etc as well as the games publishers don't want to alienate their retail partners. They could quite comfortably afford to undercut retail if they wanted to, but the retailers won't like it and would potentially refuse to stock hardware or promote games if they feel they're being given a raw deal.

- No second hand purchases
- Can't sell on completed games
- Can't rent games (massive deal for single player games)
- No price decay with age
- No competition so prices are fixed
- Can't lend games to friends
- No nice collection on your shelf
- No longevity to your collection (you rely on MS still allowing you access to downloadable games should you ever have to replace your console/HDD, games like MvC are already being pulled from 360's download service)
- Disk space is a resource

Benefits? Just the one, you don't have to get off your fat arse to change the game :p

I hate clutter, rather just trade them in after I'm done. Don't see the point in having a collection taking up living space. Rather they were on a HDD. Perhaps a little different on PC where my Steam collection is on 2 1TB HDDs. Get a bigger HDD for the consoles :)

I barely lend games to friends, not done this since I was a child. Generally buy games I want to play.

Deffo agree with the competition point, although Amazon have started selling game codes right? just gets emailed to you and you can download it.

- No second hand purchases
- Can't sell on completed games
- Can't rent games (massive deal for single player games)
- No price decay with age
- No competition so prices are fixed
- Can't lend games to friends
- No nice collection on your shelf
- No longevity to your collection (you rely on MS still allowing you access to downloadable games should you ever have to replace your console/HDD, games like MvC are already being pulled from 360's download service)
- Disk space is a resource

Benefits? Just the one, you don't have to get off your fat arse to change the game :p

All this is exactly why steam failed ...

Kreee even said above that he buys steam games.

Steam is different because it offers games at competitive prices

A £45+ download is only competitive on launch (and even then not great..)

You can't expect people to read threads before spouting rubbish...

I too buy steam games. It's also why I am hoping to see the xb1 and ps4 really push downloads. At the moment prices are obscene but hopefully they will go the way of steam.

Saying there is no competition to the consoles store would be silly though. The xb1 store is competing with the ps4 and vice versa. And right now both are being undercut by physical sales, so they have to find a way to fight that.

I honestly think this will be the generation downloaded games on consoles make massive headway with a strong push from publishers. Then next gen will be download only.

I honestly think this will be the generation downloaded games on consoles make massive headway with a strong push from publishers. Then next gen will be download only.

Reminds me of a discussion I had last year with a Microsoft customer service executive who had worked in their xbox division for a few years but had moved on to cloud services.

He said that Microsoft and Sony had for some time been trying to work together to eradicate the 'trade in' second hand market for the games. If they were able to get rid of it then they could get publishers to agree to sell games at £25-£30 rrp.

Clearly MS tried but Sony weren't having any of it this time round, but I suspect it's coming.

If that's the case there was nothing stopping MS from going it alone, the outcry about no physical media would have soon died down if games were half the price of their PS4 counterparts.

I personally don't ever see console games being reduced to that level, the moment the second hand market is killed they will get greedy and keep prices around about the same.

Hi all, Anyone having lip sync issues when using the Blue-ray player? This week is the first time I have used the Blue-ray on my One it's not out by much but enough to be annoying.

Back
Top Bottom