*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Paying popular people to endorse a product?...well get outta here!...this would be a first surly?...never seen anything like it..ever...at all....in the history of advertising..not once...ever.

Don't connect it to a network and it won't download anything :)

I had to try that just to install the game in the first palce due to the 3gb patch, but my profile would then not load, so had to plug it back in to continue.
I think there shuld be some sort of warning on the OX box or sales bumph to warn potential buyers that they need a high speed internet connection to get the best out of the system?
The Fitness app does not work on low speed, the game patches are getting stupid in size... it's partly BT's fault for being so shoddy at rolling out fibre, the next street down from me has had fibre for over a year or two now, and it's not because im too far from the exchange as my street is between the two..

huh?...who isnt being paid?

Just like im sure EA payed LevelCap Chavboy etc to talk crap about the BF4 game there where playing, saying how great it works and played and not once did they honestly talk about how broken it was.

think you misunderstood what i said "in advertising you knowpeople are being paid" microsoft and machinima tried to hush it up so it looked like peoples honest opinions its more bribe than advertise

Paying popular people to endorse a product?...well get outta here!...this would be a first surly?...never seen anything like it..ever...at all....in the history of advertising..not once...ever.

This is called advertising. It's pretty new, only done once before by Kevin Bacon.

huh?...who isnt being paid?

Just like im sure EA payed LevelCap Chavboy etc to talk crap about the BF4 game there where playing, saying how great it works and played and not once did they honestly talk about how broken it was.

The problem with this is that they were specifically told to hide the fact they were being paid, which is misleading and illegal.

There's a thread to discuss it here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18574374

Better use that rather than fill this thread up

The problem with this is that they were specifically told to hide the fact they were being paid, which is misleading and illegal.

There's a thread to discuss it here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18574374

Better use that rather than fill this thread up
You're saying Microsoft are actively involved in and promoting something illegal? That's quite a statement, do you have some detail on the legality as that's quite a big step (and accusation) if it's true and way different to paying for advertising and coverage, comments etc. Maybe something to do with advertising Standards in the UK I guess but "illegal" is a big step from "not following code of practise" or some such (like broadband providers seemingly being done on a monthly basis for dodgy claims about Uk fastest etc), be interesting to know if it is and whether its MS or Machinma or both. Is it a global scheme subject to UK or European laws?

Generally speaking I tend to think if you're being directly paid to say something positive or negative you should declare it.

Last edited:
Good point there, considering I nearly bought a PS4 almost solely for BF4 I'm glad I didn't. I've lost interest in it now; even if they fix the game entirely I still don't think I'd be buying it purely based on the state it was released in. It's like they learned nothing from BF3.

i just wanted to say bf4 is totally playable on ps4 for me and a few mates, much fun has been had. seems like some xbox owners feel the same....cueball isnt one of them

How is it illegal?

It's deception.

People know that an advert is an advert and that a celebrity is just being paid to say it. This situation is like Joe Bloggs opening a cheap watch stall in the market and paying some people to tell shoppers that they own one and how great they are etc without letting on that they are being paid to do it.

Last edited:
Has there been any updates for the Turtle Beach adatpers?
Interested in this and also if MS / T10 /Thrustmaster has came up with a fix yet for the wheel / controller conflict , btw anyone here using 2 x MS controllers at the same time do they work ok with each other or do they conflict at all with each other ?

Interested in this and also if MS / T10 /Thrustmaster has came up with a fix yet for the wheel / controller conflict , btw anyone here using 2 x MS controllers at the same time do they work ok with each other or do they conflict at all with each other ?

I've used two controllers when playing FIFA 14 with a mate and had no issues

Said it in the last thread and I'll say it again in this one, the controllers are poo compared to the old ones.

I have a huge living room and the controller will only work when directly in front of the kinect/xbox. No walking about with my headset on as it will only work when I am in front of the TV. Use to walk all around the house with the 360 one and it was fine. Should be Bluetooth (if it already is, it should be better)

My hands are too big for the new controller to. I have got use to it but I was much comfier with the 360 controller.

Back
Top Bottom