*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Does anyone know if the XBO OS is native 1080p?

If the console is set to output 1080p and your TV runs at that resolution, yes it is.

Well today this happened:

IMG_0097_zps662adc27.jpg

Got a second Xbone for Co-op gaming with the wife (and a secondary console for upstairs). Traded in my unused 360E & a mixture of games I wasn't playing and got the console plus Plants v Zombies:GW for a little over £100. Not going to complain at that as my main XBone has seen far more use than my PS4 (no bias it just has).

For anyone interested here is the packaging vs my Day One Edition:

Boxes
Box Sides
No Kinect....
Box Internals
Kinect still available

I was intrigued by what they would have done with the box internals given that the outside box is no smaller. It looks like they just removed the Kinect outer and that's it. Everything else is as per my other one.

All set up and raring to go (PS3 is behind the TV hence the games):

IMG_0126_zps494a2f4a.jpg

:D

Now I can be sad and compare tracks that are in GT6 and Forza 5 side by side at the same time.... :p

Nice ^

Hoping for some good Kinectless bundles in the next few weeks. Almost went for the regular Titanfall bundle which dropped to £350 on Saturday but held off for today's release.

Anyone know if OcUK will be selling them?

Nice ^

Hoping for some good Kinectless bundles in the next few weeks. Almost went for the regular Titanfall bundle which dropped to £350 on Saturday but held off for today's release.

Anyone know if OcUK will be selling them?

Most places seem to have the Kinectless bundle up for £350 without any games etc. TBH if you have seen the TF bundle for £350 I would get that and just not plug the Kinect in. I only went for this one as I had a load of stuff to trade in and it was the only model available.

Most places seem to have the Kinectless bundle up for £350 without any games etc. TBH if you have seen the TF bundle for £350 I would get that and just not plug the Kinect in. I only went for this one as I had a load of stuff to trade in and it was the only model available.

I think it only went to that price briefly on Saturday, and I wouldn't have been home today to take delivery anyway. Not that I'm in any rush to get it. I didn't buy the console on launch because as soon as they announced that you can turn Kinect off I knew they would eventually unbundle it as well, making the console cheaper.

Price drops will come. Who knows, maybe they'll announce something at E3. Can't go much worse than last year :D

Having had the Kinect, even though I only use it for some very basic functions, I'd hate to not have it any more.

Me too. Although its cheaper without it, its not that much cheaper and for the extra £50 at best in most places I would still buy the kinect version if I hadnt already

I only used kinect for using the OS but now I can control the Youview box as well.

Its just so nice to use. Nothing essential but I wouldn't like to go back now.

I completely agree. I actually miss it on the second console (even though I only use the basic functionality). I like shouting at our lounge one :p.

Can definitely see how it could be useful around the dashboard. I doubt I'd make much use of it, perfectly happy using a pad. I'd rather spend the extra on another game(s) of which there are a few I'll be buying. I've always thought the console should have cost around £300 at launch which I assumed was the main point of unbundling Kinect, although I didn't expect the Kinect console to drop so much in the process.

Heck maybe E3 will make me pull the trigger anyway. Soon find out :D

Good news is you don't have to unplug Kinect to release the additional 10% for the GPU to games, that's done at an API level. Apparently the game can just ignore Kinect gaining access to the extra GPU cycles and when you exit the game the dashboard automatically uses Kinect again for voice controls, Skype etc. At £50(ish) more it's worth it to me as a high quality Skype webcam plus the voice stuff for dashboard and TV control etc even if I rarely use it in a game.

Can definitely see how it could be useful around the dashboard. I doubt I'd make much use of it, perfectly happy using a pad. I'd rather spend the extra on another game(s) of which there are a few I'll be buying. I've always thought the console should have cost around £300 at launch which I assumed was the main point of unbundling Kinect, although I didn't expect the Kinect console to drop so much in the process.

Heck maybe E3 will make me pull the trigger anyway. Soon find out :D

That's the thing, I didn't think I would use it much either. But it has just sort of ingrained in me now. Come home from work say "xbox on" and plonk myself on the bed with my brew.

Back
Top Bottom