*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

does anyone else have the problem of games instantly going back to the dashboard the first time you try to play them but it works perfectly the second time. every time I choose a game the title screen comes up then it goes back to the dashboard and I have to press on it again.

I only noticed that the Max game was free on live by chance as I saw it advertised in another game. I didn't know about the free Halo game until I read it on here. Is there a way to search free games on xbox live to make this a bit easier or have I missed something obvious somewhere.

does anyone else have the problem of games instantly going back to the dashboard the first time you try to play them but it works perfectly the second time. every time I choose a game the title screen comes up then it goes back to the dashboard and I have to press on it again.

Pretty sure I've had that with various apps since launch, particularly Xbox Fitness, so it's not related to the latest dash version.

Does anyone here use the oneguide as their primary TV interface for Sky? I just gave it a blast and am very underwhelmed, ultimately everything felt slower than simply using sky, the voice commands weren't particularly accurate either (IE Sky sports 1 seems to take me to sky sports 5) .. the snap is a nice function but not enough to make me want to use the One for Sky 24/7.

Does anyone here use the oneguide as their primary TV interface for Sky? I just gave it a blast and am very underwhelmed, ultimately everything felt slower than simply using sky, the voice commands weren't particularly accurate either (IE Sky sports 1 seems to take me to sky sports 5) .. the snap is a nice function but not enough to make me want to use the One for Sky 24/7.

I find it easier and more convenient to use my normal remote!

Yeah, it hasn't been great for me either. It keeps going to the wrong channel. Only sky 1 and sky 2 are accurate.

But, I am happy with the direction they are taking. If they keep improving the oneguide then it really will be very good. :)

Aaron Paul - All your Xbox One are belong to us

A recent Xbox One TV ad featuring Aaron Paul is upsetting Xbox One owners by turning their consoles on via voice command.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27827545

Says a lot about the voice recognition of the XBox One - I assume you need to train it to recognise your voice, and the this goon comes along and immediately takes over ;)

Last edited:

Mine used to do that a few dashboard builds ago, when it was set to instant-on. I changed the power setting to energy saving and it hasn't done it since.

I think they added a reboot after an auto dash update to stop this and other strange problems that reboots resolved, robot voices on chat etc..

This is already in the main Xbox One thread.

I actually had this problem with the old one when I was watching Sky Player and Idiot Abroad, he kept saying something that made the playback stop and when I restarted it jumped by a few seconds so it ended up in a loop Had to mute it for a bit!

Yeah, it hasn't been great for me either. It keeps going to the wrong channel. Only sky 1 and sky 2 are accurate.

But, I am happy with the direction they are taking. If they keep improving the oneguide then it really will be very good. :)

Yeah I agree, it will be interesting where they go with it, as for right now though it's just better to use the remote!

I find it easier and more convenient to use my normal remote!

Likewise, less channel change rage also :p

Try fully powering it off and restarting it. Happened to me once a couple months ago.

I only noticed that the Max game was free on live by chance as I saw it advertised in another game. I didn't know about the free Halo game until I read it on here. Is there a way to search free games on xbox live to make this a bit easier or have I missed something obvious somewhere.

Games for gold now on xbox one. There's a tab bottom right of the dashboard with the monthly free games and weekly discount offers.

Back
Top Bottom