*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Anyone else tried an external hub powered drive yet ?

If so can you tell me if it turns off with the console as mine stays spinning when powered off.

I've got an externally powered hard drive that's continuously spinning when the console is in standby... sigh.

It does however power down if the console is set to 'energy saving'.

Last edited:
Yeah that seems kind of strange, my mains powered drive definitely spins down when set to energy saving.

Just checked it with my meter :) There is a permanent 5v live on the USB ports in either Standby or Power saving.

It seems odd to keep them powered all the time especially in power save mode. I emailed MS asking if this will be patched in later. Will see if I get a response.

Just checked it with my meter :) There is a permanent 5v live on the USB ports in either Standby or Power saving.

It seems odd to keep them powered all the time especially in power save mode. I emailed MS asking if this will be patched in later. Will see if I get a response.

Please let us know if you get a reply.

Did you check all the USB ports ?

Just pondering, how will they deal with controller assignment on the kindest less model. Tbh I prefer the 360 style of fixed users but there's now led indicator on the x1 controllers? Kindest often throws a fit when I swap controllers etc. playing FIFA so be good if they fixed it a bit.

Just switched my xbone on , was offered an update so accepted, xbone rebooted and now my kinect is not powering on and is nolonger recognised in the Kinect settings?

Ive shut down, unplugged power and Kinect, powered on, gone into settings\Kinect (as per MS support page)... plugged in Kinect and nothing.. no change!

Think my Kinect just died or the update stuffed up?

Back
Top Bottom