*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Here is an official guide to removal.

:p

7db8d1f2-3419-40cb-9cb7-fe00d290121f.png

:D

They REALLY thought we need that? Not sure whether to laugh or feel insulted!

Soldato
Ah, so it's likely to be 7-10 days and I wager it's not in the UK, which will put me at the mercy of UPS being utterly useless again. Willing to bet I won't get a Day One Edition pad back either.

Maybe I'll buy a new pad then, then send it back.

Was about 2 weeks for me when my right trigger stopped working, I just bought a new one before sending it back so now have a spare. Had to send it to the Czech republic IIRC never had to use UPS though I just sent it RM. I imagine you could probably argue with them and get free UPS shipping labels like they do for the console.

Soldato
Was about 2 weeks for me when my right trigger stopped working, I just bought a new one before sending it back so now have a spare. Had to send it to the Czech republic IIRC never had to use UPS though I just sent it RM. I imagine you could probably argue with them and get free UPS shipping labels like they do for the console.

They've changed it so that they do now provide a UPS returns label for accessories as well as the console. They emailed me about it last month:

We’d like to advise you that we have made changes to the in-warranty accessory replacement process and now provide a UPS courier shipping label, which can be used to send faulty accessories to our service centre.

Soldato
Cheers lads, I'll nip down town and get a replacement pad tomorrow I guess.

Not that keen on UPS, they're the one company that fails to deliver anything smaller than an Xbox to my home address. I'd better register with a work address.

Associate
Mine stutters too on Virgin Media. Very noticeable during the football to the point I've stopped watching through the Xbox. Tried a few things suggested on the Xbox site but nothing has worked.

Annoying. I'd really like to use the TV feature and the voice control but with the stutter it's just not good enough. Hopefully they can do something in future.

Associate
I've been thinking about getting a One for a while but have been unsure. I've had people telling me get a ps4 because of the whole 1080p 60fps, more powerful thing. But I loved my 360 and do like the look of some the games out and coming out, just got a couple of questions really.

For those who have both consoles is there a big difference in cross platform games with regards to the extra power of ps4? And is it possible to play games I've bought digitally or with games for gold on the One?

I know probably been answered before but just thought I'd ask, the gf has offered to buy me one for my birthday and trade in my 360 so very tempted. ;)

Man of Honour
For those who have both consoles is there a big difference in cross platform games with regards to the extra power of ps4?

Sometimes the differences are minor, sometimes they are more pronounced. I've got both consoles and I tend to get my cross-platform stuff on the PS4, but unless you absolutely have to have to best looking version of a game, the Xbox One versions will be just fine. Of course, some people will tell you that the Xbox One versions are vastly inferior, but it's really down to you and your opinion. The two versions will generally play identically, it's just how pretty it looks that's the main difference. It's worth pointing out that my favourite game of this gen so far has been Dead Rising 3, a 720p 30FPS game.

And is it possible to play games I've bought digitally or with games for gold on the One?

Assuming you're talking about Xbox 360 games, then no, you can't play them on the XB1.

Soldato
I've been thinking about getting a One for a while but have been unsure. I've had people telling me get a ps4 because of the whole 1080p 60fps, more powerful thing. But I loved my 360 and do like the look of some the games out and coming out, just got a couple of questions really.

For those who have both consoles is there a big difference in cross platform games with regards to the extra power of ps4? And is it possible to play games I've bought digitally or with games for gold on the One?

I know probably been answered before but just thought I'd ask, the gf has offered to buy me one for my birthday and trade in my 360 so very tempted. ;)

There can be with some games, 900p vs 1080p most of the time. It's not enough for me to simply write off the xbone version of a game though, I'm choosing because of controller preference and which version friends have...xbox one controller is amazing imo

Sadly not, there's no backwards compatibility at all :(

Soldato
I'm getting error 0x80169CF9 or XBOS3008 when adding a 12 month prepaid card to my account. Has this happened to anyone else? did you get it resolved?

Xbox support advised the code is fine, but keep asking me to add my credit card to the account, it makes no difference.

Soldato

I have both and tbh sat 4 feet away from my TV I cannot tell the difference even in games that run 900p on one and 1080p on PS4. My One gets more use than the PS4 mainly as I find the controller better and Forza is on the one.

Get whichever your mates have and which controller you find the best, I really would not worry to much about the specs as in reality there is not much visual difference.

Soldato
I've got both, the xbox one I will only be getting exclusives and the new freebie games for gold service games. Most of my friends have got a PS4, and I prefer the controller.

I haven't tried any cross platform games but I wouldn't imagine there would be a hell of a lot of difference in GFX, frames might be restricted to 30fps on some xbox one games but I'm sure over time devs will over come some of the current limitations.

Associate
Cool, tbh I'm sat about 5 feet from my TV so probably wouldn't notice. Hopefully with the new update devs will do what Bungie have done and up the res/fps etc. Shame there's no backwards compatability, I've got quite a few games on my 360 hdd.

None of my mates have gone next gen yet but I know a couple are thinking about it, so me getting one could give them a nudge. And I prefer the xbox controller so guess that's decision made lol. Just need to see how much game will do me on trade in for my 360.

Soldato
I'll ask here just got my xbone set up its done 64% of dead rising 3 install is it wise to play it whilst it's doing that? I hear it's buggy anyway so didn't want it to ruin my experience

Back
Top Bottom