*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Does anyone know what is in the latest preview update? Says it will roll out in next few days.

Key features in the July update preview:

Snap Mode for Achievements. You can now track your Achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also keep track of important Achievements by moving them to the top, or get the edge on any tough Achievement with a new feature that will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV. Tell us what you think in the new Achievements App forum!

Double-tap to Snap: You've been able to switch between main and snapped apps with a quick double-tap of the Xbox button, but now you can pull up the Snap Center using the same press if you don't already have an app snapped. Perfect for pulling up that new Achievement App!

Choice of Spoken Language. In New Zealand, Ireland, or Austria? You'll now be able to select voice control using English or German models from other countries. Are you an expat living in an English speaking county? You can now choose any of the English models to fit you!

Like Game DVR Clips in SmartGlass. With the latest SmartGlass beta, we're adding the ability to "like" your favorite Game DVR clips, as well as your friend's Activity Feed posts. So go ahead, give that special moment a like!

Not got it myself, as the second wave hasn't been sent out yet.

Soldato
I got the update a few days ago. I quite like the snap achievements and being able to see my progress on certain achievements.

MS have really impressed me with the way they are listening to the users now and are releasing regular updates. (Yes I know it's only them trying to get back into our good books) I hope Sony follow suit at some point as they hardly update their FW and it's starting to slowly fall behind.

Soldato
Yeah I must say I'm impressed. I own both next gen consoles and so far MS have responded very well however Sony seem to taking their time to get updates out of the door, reminds me of the PS3 all over again.

Soldato
Anyone having problems with the last beta update? I thought my xbox had bricked but noticed the (x) logo top right and have a blank screen. I can still play but have to use voice commands first to either load a game or an app. Then if I go back to dash it all displays properly.

Associate
i still cant fathom how to message someone lol

for instance i like the odd bit of rage messaging in fifa, after the game ill pull up my recent players list and it shows a list of players i played titanfall with about 4 months ago lol

is this a bug of some sort ?

still yet to use my kinnect which is unplugged i cant really see the point in having my sky plugged into it if i wanna watch tv ill just change the input on my remote to sky .

also anyone know what the next games for gold games are likely to be ?

Soldato
Anyone having problems with the last beta update? I thought my xbox had bricked but noticed the (x) logo top right and have a blank screen. I can still play but have to use voice commands first to either load a game or an app. Then if I go back to dash it all displays properly.

Mine was a bit weird. Couldn't sign in or launch any games. Had to do a hard reset. Fine now.

Soldato
MS have really impressed me with the way they are listening to the users now and are releasing regular updates. (Yes I know it's only them trying to get back into our good books) I hope Sony follow suit at some point as they hardly update their FW and it's starting to slowly fall behind.

I just hope they keep listening as it's the only way they can ever deliver what's being asked of them. :)

Soldato
Im trying to sign in here and although my Gold Sub is meant to end on the date July 14th, its coming up saying I need to subscribe to Gold to play Multiplayer, surly they don't cut you off early do they?

Well that's weird, off and on again it signed me in no problems!?!?!

Last edited:
Caporegime
These Forza mega updates are really irritating, just wanted a bash on the game and it says it needs to install a 5gb update to play. My internets only 4mb so it'll take an age to get done :rolleyes:
Its for a free circuit - the 5Gb is easily justified in this instance...

Is there not a way of just skipping the update even if that involves you being offline as you boot the game up and back online to play it?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Is your xbox one not left on all the time in stand by mode?

I've never had to wait because of a download patch, I just put the disc in, it finishes the install and I'm off.

Soldato
Anyone else feel the console is quite a bit buggy? Had problems with both Ghosts, FIFA and BF4 crashing back to the dashboard and Netflix issues quite a few times. Often get games that completely fail to load and just exit back to the dashboard too.

Associate
Nope no problems here, I mean at launch before the first patch I did have these problems but not ever since.

Try holding down the power button until the xbox completely shuts down and then start it again. Cold boots seem to solve all xbox problems :p

Soldato
Anyone else feel the console is quite a bit buggy? Had problems with both Ghosts, FIFA and BF4 crashing back to the dashboard and Netflix issues quite a few times. Often get games that completely fail to load and just exit back to the dashboard too.

No issues on either of my Xbone's although I only have Ghosts out of your list (don't use Netflix).

Back
Top Bottom