*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

i watched upto half way and couldnt see the difference in graphics, if ps4 was running at 30 i guess they could put some extra eye candy in. didnt like the game, still havent finished ps3 version off and ive had it for ages

It can't really look much better. It runs much like the pc version on highest settings while achieving 60fps . I have the pc version so can fairly judge this. I'm always getting told that X1 players don't care for power but so many people are in denial about the fact the ps4 is a far more powerful console. Really need to get used to differences in visuals and fps on multi platform titles as this will be the norm going forward and it's still early days. I'm sure games will still look lovely though.

Was talking to my friend whos having mic level issues, do people think they will ever bring out a Wireless headset like the old 360 one?

I was thinking the way the controllers are recognised now it would be a little difficult, since they aren't "set" to a user they are detected using IR and Kinect would they be able to do it simply?

The person who said Kinect was a solution to a problem that didn't need solving is starting to sound right to me. While I like some aspects of it, it does seem to cause more issues than it fixs. (not to say anything to it not understanding my wifes accent at all)

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/xbox-one-gpu-graphics-speed-upgrade,news-47015.html

Reckon this will happen? Smart move if so. As much as i'd like good Kinect integration, there's just no need for it in many (most?) games.

It's a good idea but without changing the hardware I think MS are going to be struggling you can only free up so much.

They really should have listened to what gamers wanted rather than their own R&D department. Investing in a better base system first and connect as an add on would have been a better option.

It will be interesting to see how this and next year goes.

It's a good idea but without changing the hardware I think MS are going to be struggling you can only free up so much.

They really should have listened to what gamers wanted rather than their own R&D department. Investing in a better base system first and connect as an add on would have been a better option.

It will be interesting to see how this and next year goes.

It'll add 2 fps on a 30fps game, provided said game isn't already CPU, ROP or bandwidth restrained.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/xbox-one-gpu-graphics-speed-upgrade,news-47015.html

Reckon this will happen? Smart move if so. As much as i'd like good Kinect integration, there's just no need for it in many (most?) games.

It just comes across as another 180 (brought about by panic) for what will in the grand scheme of things be a relatively small boost to performance, they're still going to be miles off parity with PS4's GPU so why bother?

The GPU reservation was supposed to encourage developers to make more use of Kinect without it impacting performance... given the choice I think most developers will choose extra performance over going through the effort to add advanced Kinect features.

Last edited:
It just comes across as another 180 (brought about by panic) for what will in the grand scheme of things be a relatively small boost to performance, they're still going to be miles off parity with PS4's GPU so why bother?

Because extra performance is always a good thing. The gap will never get fully closed (as the PS4 hardware is noticably "beefier"), but allowing the developers access to this extra 8% of GPU grunt can only be a positive move (for us gamers at least). After all they can still use it for Kinect integration if they really want to.

Does this mean, for example, BF4 could use the extra power if say it removed the need for Kinect to lean? If thats the case, surely its just going to marginalise Kinect back to being useful in Kinect games only again?

Strikes me as something MS would rather not happen considering all the effort they put in making it a mandatory purchase - perhaps optimising overheads might not derive getting 8% back if it means functionality remains the same. Is it only Kinect affected by this?

ps3ud0 :cool:

My bet is MS want to release a Kinect free Xbox one at a cheaper than PS4 price. I think they have realised Kinect is not really what is wanted and a base unit with a bit more available umph without Kinect is the way forward.

That's my idea anyway. :)

Think I'll be selling my XB1 very soon, I just don't use it and I cannot see myself using it. Kinect is still very gimmicky for me, the dashboard is horrible to use and I just don't want to turn it on.

I'll be getting all my multi formats on my PS4 (unlike last gen where I never touched my PS3) and can only see myself having a slight interest in Fable Legends as a XB1 exclusive, but I feel that will be rubbish like Fable III was. The PS4 is just better in every way for me.

Anyone else have both feel the same?

Back
Top Bottom