*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
hey guys wonder if ya can give us a bit of advice

ive never used my kinnect and thought what the heck lets give it a go with voice and stuff and try the tv out with my sky box(which sits alongside it)

now is it possible to use a hdmi splitter from my sky out to my xbox and my tv without losing quality

would i need a powered one and auto switching ?

also i am sure its been put in here but just incase not microsoft released a driver for the one pad so it can be used on pc

Soldato
hey guys wonder if ya can give us a bit of advice

ive never used my kinnect and thought what the heck lets give it a go with voice and stuff and try the tv out with my sky box(which sits alongside it)

now is it possible to use a hdmi splitter from my sky out to my xbox and my tv without losing quality

would i need a powered one and auto switching ?

also i am sure its been put in here but just incase not microsoft released a driver for the one pad so it can be used on pc
Yeah it's possible mate, I'm using a mains powered one to do the same now. Picture looks identical to me and audio is fine too :)

Associate
Well my time of having my Sky box connected through my Xbox One ended after about 8 hours in the end.

Had a weird problem where turning on the console with Xbox On made it turn on (with the TV as configured) and then switch itself off 2 seconds later. Like proper off, orange light on the powerbrick.

No idea what's causing it so have had to go back to having them separate, which is a bit of a shame as I quite liked it :(

Associate
Yeah it's possible mate, I'm using a mains powered one to do the same now. Picture looks identical to me and audio is fine too :)
does the xbox change the channels still any chance you could give an insight into the kind of one you purchased as there is lots on the bay

Well my time of having my Sky box connected through my Xbox One ended after about 8 hours in the end.

Had a weird problem where turning on the console with Xbox On made it turn on (with the TV as configured) and then switch itself off 2 seconds later. Like proper off, orange light on the powerbrick.

No idea what's causing it so have had to go back to having them separate, which is a bit of a shame as I quite liked it :(

in settings there is a menu for each item could you not just set the skybox to do nothing when you say on or off or maybe go through the codes again you might have just had a wrong code sent to it ?

Soldato
does the xbox change the channels still any chance you could give an insight into the kind of one you purchased as there is lots on the bay

Yeah no worries, here's the one I got:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-port-ou...ion_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3cdf16e0cc

There's a few on there cheaper but they might not have the AC cable included.

And yea all the channel changing functionality still works 100% :)

Had to get this working like that so I could play games while watching basketball, and so my missus didn't have to learn how to use the xb1 :p

Associate
So if I wanted to have sky working with the xbone, is it better to have the sky box go through a powered splitter as mentioned above or does it work just as well running through the xbox?

Associate
So if I wanted to have sky working with the xbone, is it better to have the sky box go through a powered splitter as mentioned above or does it work just as well running through the xbox?

you could just have it direct but then when you want to watch sky you will always have to have your xbox on as i believe there is no pass through so when the xbox is off a signal wont go to your tv .

so im going the splitter route so that when im playing xbox i can still have the sky on or when the xbox is off we can still watch tv normally and the wife wont sit there shouting "XBOX EASTENDERS " :D

Caporegime
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-port-ou...ion_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3cdf16e0cc

Had to get this working like that so I could play games while watching basketball, and so my missus didn't have to learn how to use the xb1 :p

Cheers im getting all over that, I wasn't that sure about Sky through the One and there was no way I was going to have it solely wired up that way. This gives the best of both worlds!

Associate

lol cheers have ordered that exact one

Cheers im getting all over that, I wasn't that sure about Sky through the One and there was no way I was going to have it solely wired up that way. This gives the best of both worlds!
my thoughts exactly

also like the way you can still use the live pause features when its running through your xbox

Associate
hi guys another question here if you can help

im getting a bit fed up with connection probs its normally fine when im in the house on my own playing

but the minute the wife and 3 kids are about its

3 phones connected
1 lad talking to his bird on skype via his phone
the other lad playing his xbox one and also playing some weird game on his laptop while talking to his buddies through some chat thing on his pc
wife on her lappy looking at stupid videos on you tube

now my internet is no slouch and speeds are decent but when all this happens i get destroyed ffs lol

now i was thinking of going homeplug route but live in quite an old flat with old wiring

my next option is running a 15m ethernet cable around the skirts

do i need cat 5e or 6 straight or crossover ?

is the last choice the best or do you think homeplugs might be fine ?

Associate
hi guys another question here if you can help

im getting a bit fed up with connection probs its normally fine when im in the house on my own playing

but the minute the wife and 3 kids are about its

3 phones connected
1 lad talking to his bird on skype via his phone
the other lad playing his xbox one and also playing some weird game on his laptop while talking to his buddies through some chat thing on his pc
wife on her lappy looking at stupid videos on you tube

now my internet is no slouch and speeds are decent but when all this happens i get destroyed ffs lol

now i was thinking of going homeplug route but live in quite an old flat with old wiring

my next option is running a 15m ethernet cable around the skirts

do i need cat 5e or 6 straight or crossover ?

is the last choice the best or do you think homeplugs might be fine ?

Check if your router supports QOS, then you can prioritise traffic.

Associate
in settings there is a menu for each item could you not just set the skybox to do nothing when you say on or off or maybe go through the codes again you might have just had a wrong code sent to it ?

Sadly its not the Sky box that turns off (I have it selected to not do anything to that) but the Xbox One.

"Xbox On", Xbox and TV turns on, a second later the Xbox then turns off (orange light on PSU)

When not connected to the Sky box "Xbox on" works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom