*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
You probably don't have 'instant on' turned on in the settings.

It's nothing to do with that, I've had it a few times on and off since launch. Also occasionally get an issue where the power button on the console doesn't respond at the same time as the controller, and the only solution is to disconnect power from the back.

Happily that's not occurred for a while, so it maybe something they fixed in software.

Associate
i think this is to switch the sky output to two inputs. so sky splits between your regular HDMI in on your TV and the XBOX ONE. That way you can view sky normally or through the xbox - whichever you prefer.

Ah got you, cheers for clearing that up. Brain just hasn't woke up yet and couldn't figure it out lol.

Soldato
Bought an Xbox One last night and my first 24 hours has been... mixed. Switched it on and it locked on the update screen. Then it took forever to do the initial system update but a reset of my router after an hour seemed to get that back on track. Then I tried installing Dead Rising 3 and it got stuck at 44% for an age. I gave up on the idea of playing it last night and went to bed. This morning it was still downloading... something so I just left it without switching it back on and went to work. When I get back Dead Rising was at 56% and "stopped". Titanfall had downloaded 91%, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood had downloaded and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition was at about 40%. Another router reset (never normally have an issue with it) and while I played Max, Titanfall got itself up to 97% and I left it to finish off. I gave up on Dead Rising as a bad job and deleted it to try again tonight.

All in all, not an impressive start having just that Max game to show for 20 hours of downloading and installing :(

Then Titanfall downloaded and all was well, what a cracking game. Felt very fresh being my first FPS in years that hasn't been either COD, GOW or BF. :)

Trying DR3 install again now *crosses fingers*

Last edited:
Permabanned
Cannot say I have had any issues with my one. I do find the voice commands a bit hit and miss but other than that all has been good for me.

Same here man. Downloads have been trouble free but voice commands decide not to listen to me sometimes. Think the wife is having an affair with the Kinect though as she whispers something upstairs and it turns on in the living room :p

Associate
I got the HDMI splitter mentioned earlier in the thread, but cant get it to work. The LED lights only come on briefly when u plugging it in or unplugging.

The LED comes on in the plug, but no Sky signal to either my TV or Xbox One.

Equally, the adapter for the two prong plug seems weird that it can be plugged in three different ways :(

Soldato
I got the HDMI splitter mentioned earlier in the thread, but cant get it to work. The LED lights only come on briefly when u plugging it in or unplugging.

The LED comes on in the plug, but no Sky signal to either my TV or Xbox One.

Equally, the adapter for the two prong plug seems weird that it can be plugged in three different ways :(

How strange, I received a standard dc plug with mine, hows your setup work?

Do you have an amp?

Associate
How strange, I received a standard dc plug with mine, hows your setup work?

Do you have an amp?

No amp, simple console to TV, Sky to TV etc.

I am not sure if the splitter is faulty but as I said all the LEDs come on, just not when I expect them to. I've also tried the two prong plug the various ways.

The power light on the splitter itself only seems to light up when the power cable isnt connected

Associate
Mine came and same problem but think got have sorted the adapter needs to be plugged in like six o'clock way.

After all plugged in all good got was blue screens so i switched TV sky box and Xbox all off then back on one by one and it started working.

Although I have yet to set it all up proper I'll be doing that tomorrow so no doubt it will go **** up lol

Soldato
No amp, simple console to TV, Sky to TV etc.

I am not sure if the splitter is faulty but as I said all the LEDs come on, just not when I expect them to. I've also tried the two prong plug the various ways.

The power light on the splitter itself only seems to light up when the power cable isnt connected

Mine came and same problem but think got have sorted the adapter needs to be plugged in like six o'clock way.

After all plugged in all good got was blue screens so i switched TV sky box and Xbox all off then back on one by one and it started working.

Although I have yet to set it all up proper I'll be doing that tomorrow so no doubt it will go **** up lol

Ah right that might have something to do with it, my usage has sky splitting and going to input 1 on tv and then to the input on the xb1 which goes to my amp and then to input 2 on my tv

What I've read says it won't work if both sources are on and my amp is usually off or on another channel (so essentially off) when watching sky

That being said mine has been playing up every now and then the past few days since I moved my kit around :mad:

Soldato
Bought an Xbox One last night and my first 24 hours has been... mixed. Switched it on and it locked on the update screen. Then it took forever to do the initial system update but a reset of my router after an hour seemed to get that back on track. Then I tried installing Dead Rising 3 and it got stuck at 44% for an age. I gave up on the idea of playing it last night and went to bed. This morning it was still downloading... something so I just left it without switching it back on and went to work. When I get back Dead Rising was at 56% and "stopped". Titanfall had downloaded 91%, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood had downloaded and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition was at about 40%. Another router reset (never normally have an issue with it) and while I played Max, Titanfall got itself up to 97% and I left it to finish off. I gave up on Dead Rising as a bad job and deleted it to try again tonight.

All in all, not an impressive start having just that Max game to show for 20 hours of downloading and installing :(

Then Titanfall downloaded and all was well, what a cracking game. Felt very fresh being my first FPS in years that hasn't been either COD, GOW or BF. :)

Trying DR3 install again now *crosses fingers*

Just so you know, if you install a older game, that has had lots of updates since, I think if you are connected, in the initial installation, it will wait and download the updates to install the game so its at its best when you do get playing, im not sure, but think I got that with a couple of games.

Back
Top Bottom