*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

My bet is MS want to release a Kinect free Xbox one at a cheaper than PS4 price. I think they have realised Kinect is not really what is wanted and a base unit with a bit more available umph without Kinect is the way forward.

That's my idea anyway. :)
See I used to think that but can understand now that if they lose such a differentiator like Kinect it just would be a less powerful PS4, one that be even harder to market IMO especially on the games front...

They just need to move away from the whole spec comparison/performance parity and move into areas that the PS4 just cant/wont do - the Kinect Fitness app is a great example.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Nope. I love the kinect integration, and use the voice commands pretty much exclusively. Get home from work, say "xbox on" and my TV/AV/XB1 come on ready to use, be it watching TV/Netflix or straight into a game. It's insanely convenient.

I dont get the hate with the dashboard either, how much do you actually use it? It's no harder to use than the 360s once you learn where things are.

See I used to think that but can understand now that if they lose such a differentiator like Kinect it just would be a less powerful PS4, one that be even harder to market IMO especially on the games front...

They just need to move away from the whole spec comparison/performance parity and move into areas that the PS4 just cant/wont do - the Kinect Fitness app is a great example.

Halo V special edition console and game... :)

I agree they need to make the most of what they have. Hiring some very talented developers to eek out every bit of performance they can. But I still sense a core edition in the works.

Does this mean, for example, BF4 could use the extra power if say it removed the need for Kinect to lean? If thats the case, surely its just going to marginalise Kinect back to being useful in Kinect games only again?

That's the point I was trying to make earlier, the GPU reservation was meant to encourage developers to get creative with Kinect because they had nothing to lose from doing so, with the GPU reservation now being unlocked for graphics developers are more likely to sideline Kinect. I would've thought Kinect was one of Xbox Ones few major selling points over PS4 so why risk sidelining it for only a few extra fps?

Last edited:
Ms are sending me a replacement console within the next few days. Can I just give the drive my old one to send back with him? In the e mail it says I have to take it to a ups drop off point but there isn't one close to me.

Nope. I love the kinect integration, and use the voice commands pretty much exclusively. Get home from work, say "xbox on" and my TV/AV/XB1 come on ready to use, be it watching TV/Netflix or straight into a game. It's insanely convenient.

I dont get the hate with the dashboard either, how much do you actually use it? It's no harder to use than the 360s once you learn where things are.

I sit firmly in this boat.

Its one of my favourite purchases ever all round.

Supposedly theres a load of leaks on the XO release schedule (Halo 2 remake, Crackdown 3 etc) , aswell as info like a white XO being released - I presume its like the dev version which I liked! £350 fingers crossed...

Agreed the white console looks very smart. Some interesting leaks in there this morning that's for sure. White 1TB no Blu-ray drive version at a reduced price? Sounds lovely (digital prices permitting) :)

Jesus what the heck has happened to post ALL those rumours, did some kid find his MS-employed exec briefcase?!? All the Halos on the XO - hmmm, love some of this to be true especially the white XO...

Why do Titanfall decals just scream Wipeout to me?
AVDmdJz.png

Wow that really does look like Wipeout... I mean I know it's just a hexagonal grid (which is how HD did it's level select), combined with the orange design thing at the top, defo looks like Wipeout xD (Even has "wo" on it I think?)
Kind of looks slightly different to one on the box though :S I do like it though, and do like the look of the white X1.

It's a P.N.03 rip - kreeeee called it in the Titanfall thread after the new controller was posted - more than anything else. Yeah I see bits of Wipeout in there too, though.

Supposedly theres a load of leaks on the XO release schedule (Halo 2 remake, Crackdown 3 etc)

Only acceptable if they update the graphics and leave the game engine alone, upgrade the network stuff for sure but do not tamper with the greatness that was H2 online. It has been 10 years since Halo 2 came out so I can see this happening.

I will still end up buying it as im a sell out when it comes to halo :(

Only acceptable if they update the graphics and leave the game engine alone, upgrade the network stuff for sure but do not tamper with the greatness that was H2 online. It has been 10 years since Halo 2 came out so I can see this happening.

I will still end up buying it as im a sell out when it comes to halo :(

This would tempt me to buy an xbone. With halo being the only reason I stuck to the 360 and the franchise now in 343s hands.

Only game on console im interested in is Destiny which is multi platform anyhow. Together with a stripped down (no kinect) version at a lower price point im in.

Halo 2 (Halo 2 menu music in background) If they stayed with similar gameplay mechanics with improved netcode and graphics. I would like them to get rid of all the doubleshot/ BXR/ glitches though. This could be EPIC..

My brothers just bought an Xbox one.

Got to say, I'm thoroughly disappointed with it really (But then I expected to be, just not this much)

Firstly, for whatever reason, when typing in the Wifi password, it simply would not allow me to type in a v or a h.

Had to change the Wifi password.

Secondly, the time it took to install Dead Rising was plain unacceptable (Well, we haven't technically finished installing it, as you can play before it's finished)

Visually, I was quite disappointed with his Dead Rising 3 looked, and don't tell me it's because it's a launch game etc, as I never had that feeling with anything on the 360.

Am I doing something wrong or what?

My brothers just bought an Xbox one.

Got to say, I'm thoroughly disappointed with it really (But then I expected to be, just not this much)

Firstly, for whatever reason, when typing in the Wifi password, it simply would not allow me to type in a v or a h.

Had to change the Wifi password.

Secondly, the time it took to install Dead Rising was plain unacceptable (Well, we haven't technically finished installing it, as you can play before it's finished)

Visually, I was quite disappointed with his Dead Rising 3 looked, and don't tell me it's because it's a launch game etc, as I never had that feeling with anything on the 360.

Am I doing something wrong or what?

your expecting far too much :p

I like my xbox one, only downsides i see are lack of new content and the deals the 360 has are non-existant on the xbox one.

The install time isn't great but its only done once.

I dont know if you remember but perfect dark zero and kameo were pretty crap graphically at the xbox 360 launch. Some games are rushed to get out in time for the launch. else we would have ended up with 20+ games every launch.

Back
Top Bottom