*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
If this is true, I might buy a mini fridge, put the xbox in that to prevent the down clock! ;)

I heard a lot of rumours on forums and such but didn't believe a word then stumbled upon that interview is it true lets hope not but if it is think of games such as gta 5 bound to kick in the down clock. So that's why I decided to water cool to prevent this

Update on watercool have chopped off h60 pump and added clear hose with green fluid and connected my new 80mm twin fan rad, test off psu and all works beginning fitting today and adding window to case along with led lights inside will post pics soon

Soldato
http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-one-can-tell-when-its-overheating-and-power-1122442616

So here's a cool thing the Xbox One can do: It automatically recognizes when it's overheating—probably because you're an idiot and left a pizza box on top of it—and can adjust on the fly. In fact, it's designed with extra room to make those adjustments.

So not quite the "OMG it's going to down clock cause GTA5 has epic grafix" suggested above. Only on OcUK could a safety feature get the tinfoil hat brigade out.

I've yet to hear more than a whisper from the fan in mine, even when gaming in a 33C room.

Soldato
I heard a lot of rumours on forums and such but didn't believe a word then stumbled upon that interview is it true lets hope not but if it is think of games such as gta 5 bound to kick in the down clock. So that's why I decided to water cool to prevent this

Update on watercool have chopped off h60 pump and added clear hose with green fluid and connected my new 80mm twin fan rad, test off psu and all works beginning fitting today and adding window to case along with led lights inside will post pics soon

GTA 5 is a 360 game... Doubt it will be the most demanding lol! (yes I know it's getting improvements)

Associate
http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-one-can-tell-when-its-overheating-and-power-1122442616

So not quite the "OMG it's going to down clock cause GTA5 has epic grafix" suggested above. Only on OcUK could a safety feature get the tinfoil hat brigade out.

I've yet to hear more than a whisper from the fan in mine, even when gaming in a 33C room.

Agreed but its cause for thought obviously time will tell with future game release but I have stuff kicking around giving it a go be it right or wrong and at end of day it wont hurt to watercool let be honest will it?

And it does state that it has the ability to down clock and if you read fully iy states that iys designed to down clock before it ramps rpm up on fan daft to do it in that order but guess it keeps console silent that way :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Do what you want - it's your xbox.

I tend to work on the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle. Microsoft will want to avoid an under performing cooling system for the Xbox One given how much money and aggravation it caused with the early 360s.

Also bear in mind, water-cooling the Xbox APU removes the fan that indirectly cools the other components not directly attached to the cooler.

Last edited:
Associate
Have given that some thought was planing. On making posts to mount original fan where it is now and same height so its tight to case because read else where people added aftermarket fans with a gap between fan and case and heat was coming back in causing overheating

Have trial fitted pump and stock fan will fit above it on pegs using original. Socket holes therefore still aiding cooling the rest of components.

I'm not jumping in blind with no thought like the ps4 guy everything is planned check tried and altered as I go some things may work others not as originally. States its a project to kill time as my 8350 rig is where I want it so need something new to play with

Soldato
I dont get why it even matters. The xbox one is one of the coolest consoles ive ever had.
Its as good as any pf the nintendos for cooling

Soldato
And it does state that it has the ability to down clock and if you read fully iy states that iys designed to down clock before it ramps rpm up on fan daft to do it in that order but guess it keeps console silent that way :/

The downclock, if it does exist, will be under extreme temperatures that are likely to damage the console when something is already probably faulty. It won't be due to a game being a little bit demanding. You make it sound like you expect it to happen regularly :p

My opinion of this "mod" is the same as PS4-hole guy - completely unnecessary and pointless, you're not fixing a problem, just potentially creating more, but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
Soldato
In fairness, a lot of future titles will be more impressive and more demanding on paper, but as time goes on, people will find ways to better utilise the hardware, early games may actually push things more than in a few years due to certain mechanism understandings and techniques not being known and/or recognised as a way to get more for less.

Associate
Slightly odd question, but when people switch their XO on using instant on, does it switch over the TV channel as well as powering on the TV? Just mine switches my TV on and that's it, so just wondering because my ps3 used to turn to the right av channel as well.

Associate
Pretty sure mine changes to the correct HDMI but I don't use it because the sound goes all screwy and weak sounding. Same thing happened on the 360 too. I have to have my amp on before the Xbox and then its fine.

Back
Top Bottom