*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
See Microsoft have just announced a USB TV tuner card for the XB1.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner

Might be tempted but would have to get the aerial on the house fixed first

I'm a little confused as to what this will allow me to do if anyone can help clear it up. My TV has Freeview built in like most these days, just standard Freeview, not Freeview HD.

Will this allow me to plug my aerial lead into the Xbox then use the One Guide and receive Freeview HD channels?

Soldato
I havnt managed to come on much, but damn if their isn't a huge update waiting for me the last few times I have switched the thing on lol!.

Associate
Good point people will laugh and question it but simply put because I can and have spare 620 lying around I like tinkering plus

I read a interview with chief designer of xbox one that said to stop over heating in new console they have added a down clock feature to it so when temps get high it will under clock to lower heat I will find interview and post its a good read if nothing else

So in future games like gta 5 surely this will push cpu gpu causing this under clock feature in software to kick in giving a definite. Frame rate drop I understand people will think I'm nuts but I want my system to run full power and give best performance. Plus the cooler the rig the longer components. Will last its just a project to kill time will cost 0 as I have a water cooled rig that I have spare parts from

Just wanted to know if u guys thought power supply will cope

Associate
Why you say crazy yes major over kill I would agree but anything to keep components cooler is a bonus prolonging life span it will fit all internally its no hack. Job tonnes of 360 have been done and a lot of xbox ones now as stated its something to do for fun. all I did was ask for advice from people who proberly know more about power consumption than my self.

I thought every one here had a common interest building and modding rigs be it pc or console I just asked for some insight

You may think I'm some noob who hasn't a clue in the world. Wrong I started 8350 overclocking thread helped countless people and have built a water cooled 8350 rig pushing out 5ghz stable I just wanna mess bout with xbox as a new project be it insanity or not

Soldato
Why you say crazy yes major over kill I would agree but anything to keep components cooler is a bonus prolonging life span it will fit all internally its no hack. Job tonnes of 360 have been done and a lot of xbox ones now as stated its something to do for fun. all I did was ask for advice from people who proberly know more about power consumption than my self.

I thought every one here had a common interest building and modding rigs be it pc or console I just asked for some insight

You may think I'm some noob who hasn't a clue in the world. Wrong I started 8350 overclocking thread helped countless people and have built a water cooled 8350 rig pushing out 5ghz stable I just wanna mess bout with xbox as a new project be it insanity or not

What's the point though. There are zero benefits to this.

Soldato

It "should" have more than enough power to do it but what connections do you have on it, or do you plan on splicing some cables?

In all honesty you'd be better off selling your extra kit, Never saw anything about down clocking if temps were high and would love to read it if you find it, can't help but think it would be stupid to implement a process like that though :o

Associate
It "should" have more than enough power to do it but what connections do you have on it, or do you plan on splicing some cables?

In all honesty you'd be better off selling your extra kit, Never saw anything about down clocking if temps were high and would love to read it if you find it, can't help but think it would be stupid to implement a process like that though :o

I to think this is stupid on xbox part but interview points that way have a read put link in post below all posted. About your question on how I intend. To power pump

So were. Clear I'm only using antec pump/block and cutting rad off as i have found a smaller rad which will fit in case with ease added heatsinks to vram to help cool and. Am using apache fan to cool rad all fits just about once finished will post pics

I don't do things because I need to,I do them because I can and enjoy pushing my ability to mod the unexpected where is the fun in simple?

Back
Top Bottom