*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
The August update will enable the playback of 3D Blu Rays :)

Due anytime now

so 3D playback is not specific to laser hardware?
or was it always capable , but they just didn't feel ready to enable?

basically, is this just a work around for 3D playback, or will it be the genuine article, like on a standalone bluray player

just curious

Soldato
so 3D playback is not specific to laser hardware?
or was it always capable , but they just didn't feel ready to enable?

basically, is this just a work around for 3D playback, or will it be the genuine article, like on a standalone bluray player

just curious

There's no hardware difference. The PS3 was updated to support 3D BDs, after all.

Associate
Unless I've lost the plot entirely the update is out already because I successfully played Hugo 3d the other night whereas I definitely couldn't previously. I had been trying to establish whether or not the update had been released vs my currently reported version and then thought 'sod it' and stuck the disk in...and it worked! Strange but true :S

Soldato
I better free up some time for the last 3 months of the year :) With some amazing games launching in October, like sunset overdrive and Shadow of Mordor and all these new media players updates, I will be pretty busy :)

Soldato
GOAT SIMULATOR!....YES!

Im I reading it right that Smartglass is kinda going to be able to stream anything via the HDMI on the XO, cause thats pretty damn amazing.

Last edited:
Associate
Have to say with these updates and the stuff shown at gamescom I'm pretty impressed. The stream from XO could be awesome if that's right, anyone know of the August update is out yet?

Back
Top Bottom