*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
I meant the Kinect itself, it would disappear against my wall under the tv as its white as well.

I understood Kinect is not meant to be in any of the new bundles based on what's been announced. So basically white XBO + Pad + sunset for £349.99.

Like the PS4 looks nice in white, although I'm happier with the consoles in their original black colour. Shame they can't do a translucent green or blue one like the original Xbox.

Last edited:
Associate
lol at the Internet blowing up in hatred at it.

It seems to be "cool" to hate Microsoft, literally whatever they do is criticised.

I'm sure had Sony secured it, people would be commenting on what a good business move it was.

I don't think tomb raider is the game to turn the xbox ones fortunes though.

Despite people ****ging off call of duty, if ms ever secured a call of duty game then that would certainly change things.

Or imagine fifa exclusive to xbox lol.

If ms is going to throw their money they should go big and get one of those I reckon.

Soldato
It seems to be "cool" to hate Microsoft, literally whatever they do is criticised.

I'm sure had Sony secured it, people would be commenting on what a good business move it was.

Despite people ****ging off call of duty, if ms ever secured a call of duty game then that would certainly change things.

Or imagine fifa exclusive to xbox lol.

If ms is going to throw their money they should go big and get one of those I reckon.

I don't think EA or Activision would have the balls to do that based on the consoles sales figures nor do I believe that even Microsoft have the funds to pull off a move like that. The smaller perks like the exclusive UT players and early access to DLC is already there so clearly it's an angle they are working on with regards to the biggest 2 games of the year.

Xbox beating PS4 to being able to playback video from USB and including the playback of MKV video files!

I wouldn't be surprised if this was slipped into update 2.0 for the PS4. When Microsoft announced 3D Blu Ray Sony followed. Hopefully Microsoft updating the OS is good for PS4 owners as well :)

Soldato
New tomb raider game announced as xbox exclusive. (not timed either apparently), lol at the Internet blowing up in hatred at it.
It's a general hatred of companies doing such exclusives which completely chops off a complete fanbase.

I think you're wrong, nobody likes console exclusives especially when they have taken an age old series, built a fanbase and then said actually, you can sod off we're not giving you a game this time around, go and buy a Xbox One if you want to play.

Stupid move by both parties. Microsoft never learn, they think this will sell more consoles? Nope. Does this make them look somewhat desperate? Yep. Does this earn them any kudos? Absolutely not.

Soldato
It's a general hatred of companies doing such exclusives which completely chops off a complete fanbase.

I think you're wrong, nobody likes console exclusives especially when they have taken an age old series, built a fanbase and then said actually, you can sod off we're not giving you a game this time around, go and buy a Xbox One if you want to play.

Stupid move by both parties. Microsoft never learn, they think this will sell more consoles? Nope. Does this make them look somewhat desperate? Yep. Does this earn them any kudos? Absolutely not.

lol, you jsut proved his point, "blaming " MS?....you think Sony wouldnt have done the same thing if they had any money?

Associate
I don't think EA or Activision would have the balls to do that based on the consoles sales figures nor do I believe that even Microsoft have the funds to pull off a move like that. The smaller perks like the exclusive UT players and early access to DLC is already there so clearly it's an angle they are working on with regards to the biggest 2 games of the year.

You're right that it's not likely.

But everyone has a price, and I'm sure if enough money was put forward activision and ea would do it.

The issue is what you also mentioned being microsofts funds. It would cost a hell of a lot to get that exclusivity and it's doubtful whether it would happen.

I was just throwing things out there though, hence me saying if ms wanted to go big.

While it would cost a lot, I would bet my life on fifa and call of duty selling consoles which in turn would be a good investment.

I have no idea how much the tomb raider deal has cost, but I just don't feel the franchise is big enough to sell consoles.

I liked the re-boot, (played last gen version and bought it again on ps4) but it's not the sort of game I would buy a console for.

Associate
lol, you jsut proved his point, "blaming " MS?....you think Sony wouldnt have done the same thing if they had any money?

According to the internet Sony do everything out of love 4 the players. :D

I personally think it's a great sign of things to come for people who only own an xbox one. Microsoft is working hard to secure exclusive games and content for xbox owners and is making changes regularly.

Let's face it sony are comfortably selling more consoles and they've not had to change much, the price is the same, no changes to sku, minimal changes to firmware features etc.

I also wouldn't rule Microsoft out, it's far too early. I think some people on the internet forget about the ps3 in the early days, everyone was proclaiming it a flop from the high price, bad e3, lack of rumble, rubbish online services, worse multi platform versions.

A few similarities with the xbox one, bad e3, high price etc

Yet Sony made massive improvements and the tables certainly turned. Added rumble, released great new i.p's, released the ps plus service, devs started improving multi platform versions etc

Even in 2007 (2 years after launch) the ps3 was apparently doomed. But things slowly improved to the stage that people soon forgot all the "issues" at launch and enjoyed the console.

It's way too early to declare "victory" to the ps4. Throughout the life of the ps3 there were many many backlashes from the launch dramas, to the removing features from console revisions, to the psn hacks and yet sony still came back from it.

Yet the internets verdict is as though the end of the line is now, there's no coming back for ms etc. It's exactly the way it was for the ps3 last gen at the early stages.

There's plenty of time to turn things around in my opinion, and Microsoft have started making changes a lot quicker than Sony did with the ps3.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It might work out cheaper for Microsoft to buy games exclusively rather than fund their own in-house studios. I think they only have a couple or so compared to Sony's seemingly vast empire.

Back
Top Bottom