*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
lol....no they don't, do you blatantly just ignore the history of things, Sony has paid for TR to be exclusive to PS in the past, stopping it from being on PC and Sega, how is this any different!?
You didn't read my post properly again, where did I say this was different? Did I say this didn't happen in the past? Do you have a chip on your shoulder about something or do you just pretend to be moody in every reply?

Associate
I'm very happy with the Xbox One, I definitely feel it has a better controller than the PS4, and a better integration between media etc, my brother has a PS4, it is good don't get me wrong, but I'm on the Xbox fence.

Soldato
You didn't read my post properly again, where did I say this was different? Did I say this didn't happen in the past? Do you have a chip on your shoulder about something or do you just pretend to be moody in every reply?

Because of your reaction, the nature of your posts is very biased and hostile towards MS, you can pretend that its not what you are saying, it obviously is, and I have no idea what you are doing in this thread apart from wanting to bash on MS.

Its very clear you would be happy if this was a deal struck for the PS4.

Soldato
Forza 5 has appeared in my "Queued" games and apps list. The game was fully installed and working fine for the past 2 weeks. When I hit menu I get an option to "Resume Installation" and if I click that it says "Installing 100%" then goes back to installation stopped.

Any ideas how I fix this? Hard reset hasn't worked.

I know I'm down on the XB1 but I've had numerous problems with installation and downloading of games and updates, never had any issues with the 360.

Soldato
Forza 5 has appeared in my "Queued" games and apps list. The game was fully installed and working fine for the past 2 weeks. When I hit menu I get an option to "Resume Installation" and if I click that it says "Installing 100%" then goes back to installation stopped.

Any ideas how I fix this? Hard reset hasn't worked.

I know I'm down on the XB1 but I've had numerous problems with installation and downloading of games and updates, never had any issues with the 360.

I had the same issue with the recent update - If you select the menu button in the home screen when over forza 5 you can select 'quit' and it will restart

Soldato
Awesome, all the more reason now. Thanks.

I just don't see the appeal of doing this. Unless you plan on snapping TV a lot, which is in a stupidly small window, you're just wasting energy by having the XO on at the same time to watch TV.

Really wish they'd make the pass through on the console active when it's turned off/in standby, then at least it would free an HDMI port on the TV.

Soldato
lol....no they don't, do you blatantly just ignore the history of things, Sony has paid for TR to be exclusive to PS in the past, stopping it from being on PC and Sega, how is this any different!?

They did pay in the past but the difference is that the game hadn't been out on other platforms. Tomb Raider now has been on multiple platforms, built up a large fan base and now SE have taken some cash to make it a timed MS exclusive. Which is a huge kick in the teeth for fans of the game. As I've said in the TR thread I don't blame MS in this as it's SE's fault for taking the deal.

Soldato
They did pay in the past but the difference is that the game hadn't been out on other platforms. Tomb Raider now has been on multiple platforms, built up a large fan base and now SE have taken some cash to make it a timed MS exclusive. Which is a huge kick in the teeth for fans of the game. As I've said in the TR thread I don't blame MS in this as it's SE's fault for taking the deal.

It was on Sega and Pc just as much as Playsation by that point.

Associate
I just don't see the appeal of doing this. Unless you plan on snapping TV a lot, which is in a stupidly small window, you're just wasting energy by having the XO on at the same time to watch TV.

Really wish they'd make the pass through on the console active when it's turned off/in standby, then at least it would free an HDMI port on the TV.

I just like the speed of switching between watching TV, playing a game, or netflix, twitch etc.. with no input switching. All with one voice command for the most part.

Soldato
The Saturn although being the launch console for Tomb Raider, did not get the sequel much like the current situation with the PS4.

I know wiki isn't always that accurate but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_II

While the original Tomb Raider was released on both the PlayStation and Sega Saturn game consoles, Tomb Raider II was no longer designed for the Sega Saturn despite having been confirmed as a target platform for the game in the first place. Following the cancellation announcement, Adrian Smith cited technical limitations of the console to program an adequate conversion.[8] In September 1997, Sony Computer Entertainment America signed a deal with Eidos to make console releases for the Tomb Raider franchise exclusive to the PlayStation, preventing the Sega Saturn or the Nintendo 64 from having any Tomb Raider game released for it until 2000, a deal that would prove very beneficial to Sony both in terms of revenue dollars and also in further cementing the PlayStation's growing reputation as the go-to system for must-have exclusive titles.[9]

Last edited:
Caporegime
I dont get this stupid idea that somehow if you arent happy with the TR situation now, magically you were ok with it years ago. Its just amazing that people seem to hawker this ideal that because the shoe is on the other foot you wouldnt still feel the same.

Perhaps people with such ideas need to consider that how they internalise things isnt how others do it and maybe the issue is their own and not others. The notion is very fanboyish considering the logic used...

Anyway theres a TR thread for all this - I dont get why this is even discussed here, especially when its the same people who are extending this while complaining its off topic...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Back on topic, I'm having a great time playing PinballFX2. The triggers on the pad are just excellent for pinball. The tables that have come across to this version seem to play just as well as the PS4 and PC counterparts and with the Xbox One pad being great for playing it, I think this will probably be my platform of choice (I have the tables on 360, PC and PS3/4 as well).

I should say that you get the Sorcerer's Lair table free, so it is worth a download if you haven't previously played it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom