*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

My brothers just bought an Xbox one.

Got to say, I'm thoroughly disappointed with it really (But then I expected to be, just not this much)

Firstly, for whatever reason, when typing in the Wifi password, it simply would not allow me to type in a v or a h.

Had to change the Wifi password.

Secondly, the time it took to install Dead Rising was plain unacceptable (Well, we haven't technically finished installing it, as you can play before it's finished)

Visually, I was quite disappointed with his Dead Rising 3 looked, and don't tell me it's because it's a launch game etc, as I never had that feeling with anything on the 360.

Am I doing something wrong or what?

Yeah it's totally disappointing that dead rising 3 has all that going on and zero load times when you're in the game.

Got to say, I'm thoroughly disappointed with it really (But then I expected to be, just not this much)

Firstly, for whatever reason, when typing in the Wifi password, it simply would not allow me to type in a v or a h.

Secondly, the time it took to install Dead Rising was plain unacceptable (Well, we haven't technically finished installing it, as you can play before it's finished)

Visually, I was quite disappointed with his Dead Rising 3 looked, and don't tell me it's because it's a launch game etc, as I never had that feeling with anything on the 360.

Your brother should certainly take it back.

This would tempt me to buy an xbone. With halo being the only reason I stuck to the 360 and the franchise now in 343s hands.

Only game on console im interested in is Destiny which is multi platform anyhow. Together with a stripped down (no kinect) version at a lower price point im in.

Halo 2 (Halo 2 menu music in background) If they stayed with similar gameplay mechanics with improved netcode and graphics. I would like them to get rid of all the doubleshot/ BXR/ glitches though. This could be EPIC..

Why do you want 343 to remove all the button glitches? BXR, doubleshot etc increased the skill level ad made tournament play even more competitive.

I think the biggest problem with the Xbone is the Xbox button now just takes you home, you used to be able to access everything through that button. I still feel like I don't know how to navigate properly and ive had it a month.

They've tried to make it all windows 8 but forgot its a console.

Yes, you are caring about your brothers console and expecting not to like it from the start. You had no chance to be impressed by it.

Load times are pretty long, but it is also downloading all the patches at the same time. DR3 is a great game and imo looks great. The amount of zombies on screen is pretty impressive.

Not sure about your issues with the wifi password though. Must be Microsofts fault though, that's a definite ;)

eh ? how can you not type in the letters v or h ???? :confused:

So you already decided you weren't going to like it before you even tried it. Logical.

Weirdest bug ever. I know of zero other people having this problem. Did you get hold of MS tech support?

While installing the game it also downloads the patches. All the launch titles had massive updates on day one. This isn't really MS's fault, its the developers/publishes sending out unfinished products. IMHO BF4 was the worst for that, even after its day 1 patch it was crashing to the dashboard but that is across all platforms.

DR3's "impressiveness" comes with the sheer amount of stuff going on at the same time, something like 4 billion zombies at once? (may be a slight exaggeration). It's map is larger than 1 and 2 combined and AFAIK little to know loading times.

People are forgetting that next-gen isn't, or shouldn't be all about the graphics. Forza and BF4 have head tracking, Fifa and DR3 use the microphone array in the kinect.

Hopefully we will see more and more voice commands. It worked well in Mass Effect 3, "Liara use singularity" was far more immersive than pausing the game to choose a power. There is no reason most games can't make use of that.

Now excuse me, I am gonna play Forza and watch netflix ;)

Hmm Stephen Elop is now head of expanded devices at MS - interesting times for Xbox then whichever way you cut it. Bloody glad hes not the new CEO though - dodged a bullet there...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Yea, was a mis-quote, and even that was a rumour quote, he was never recorded saying that as far as I read. Un-Sourced about what Elop was "thinking"..apparently, he said nothing about it, he didnt even talk about the CEO postiion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom