*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
once you're in the preview program do have to re-enroll every month to stay part of it ?

When soulaj first invited me to it I downloaded the updates and got to preview them etc.. but they've since gone on release. How do i tell if the firmware I'm on now is a preview one or a release one ?

If you go into settings> system you can see if there is an update. You should find the details there.

You dont need to enrol every update

Associate
I'm not part of the preview program (if anyone has a spare invite that would be amazing), but will the xbox allow on the fly transcoding of dts to dd in 5.1? If so, that would be the perfect media player for my NAS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not personally a fan of either Xbox One or PS4 as I have a Wii U myself, but very pleased to see all the updates rolling out for Xbox One and Major Nelson seems like a cool guy... Have to say he doesn't have a thing on Nintendo's Reggie though ;)

Associate
Could do with someones opinion on this. I've had my Xbox since around February time, bought it used, although it was a brand new replacement sent from Microsoft. The first week or so it was completely silent, but after that up until now it's had that clicking noise which many people have had. It sounds like a hard drive noise, but when inspected closer, the sound doesn't fluctuate or die down, so I'm assuming its just the fan slightly clipping a cable somewhere.

Now I have 3 possible options:

1. Leave it be. I haven't had any other issues apart from the sound, so I don't think there are any hardware issues involved.

2. Send it off and get a replacement just to be on the safe side. Although I'd have to do the standard replacement thing, as I can't afford the advanced exchange.

or

3. My warranty lasts until June 2015, so I was thinking of the possibility of sending it off a couple of months before my warranty expires, around April time next year?

What do you guys think the best option to go with is? Does anyone know if this noise issue has caused anyones Xbox further issues or damage?

Associate
Woo hoo on the August update being out and got my invite to preview program as well (thank you Jamesy505) so all good :D

That True Achievements app looks pretty awesome.

Associate
Could do with someones opinion on this. I've had my Xbox since around February time, bought it used, although it was a brand new replacement sent from Microsoft. The first week or so it was completely silent, but after that up until now it's had that clicking noise which many people have had. It sounds like a hard drive noise, but when inspected closer, the sound doesn't fluctuate or die down, so I'm assuming its just the fan slightly clipping a cable somewhere.

1. Leave it be. I haven't had any other issues apart from the sound, so I don't think there are any hardware issues involved.

2. Send it off and get a replacement just to be on the safe side. Although I'd have to do the standard replacement thing, as I can't afford the advanced exchange.

or

3. My warranty lasts until June 2015, so I was thinking of the possibility of sending it off a couple of months before my warranty expires, around April time next year?

What do you guys think the best option to go with is? Does anyone know if this noise issue has caused anyones Xbox further issues or damage?

Personally I wold probably get it sorted just now. Only reason to wait would be if they extended the warranty after fixing it, but dont know if MS do that.

Associate

or

I had this same issue, does it start clicking after a little while after being turned on?

It really annoyed me so I sent off for a replacement with the advanced exchange thing they do. If you send it off for repair, I can't see it taking longer than a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom