*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Thought this might help someone at some stage.

turned all my av equipment off earlier today as i was putting in a new tv stand,i then turned on my xbox and it just sat there on the black screen for over 30 minutes :eek: tried rebooting with the same end result after scouring the net for answers,i finally fixed the problem by entering into low res mode (480) by turning off then turning back on by holding down the eject and power buttons for 10 secs :D then you just head over to settings and put back to 1080p not sure why it does this but glad its sorted.

And the ability to see and manage your storage, and use USB keyboards. Hopefully the improvements to notifications and party chat won't be too far behind.

Thats some good additions, managing storage was one thing that put me off. I take it you can back up saves now? Plugging in a wireless keyboard would be great for me too. Can it take a USB bluetooth KB?

Thats some good additions, managing storage was one thing that put me off. I take it you can back up saves now? Plugging in a wireless keyboard would be great for me too. Can it take a USB bluetooth KB?
Unknown on both counts at the moment. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, though regarding the saves, they're backed up in "the cloud" so you shouldn't really need a local backup.

So two updates, first seems to sort little missing things and bugs, with the second being a new party chat system and some other things, happy to see that.

360 could, so im guessing same set of drivers are probably being added in.

Unknown on both counts at the moment. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, though regarding the saves, they're backed up in "the cloud" so you shouldn't really need a local backup.

Yeah but as I said before that's still a bad save if it becomes corrupted. I like to game with a roll back if needed. So many 360 games you would perform an action that corrupted a save or online gaming profile. So for me it's not about back up it's about staggering the save points like you would on a pc game for instance.

I'm quite happy with:

"We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load"

Lets hope they keep them coming :)
Curious about the background changes that make things easier for developers?

It's good that they are listening to the gamers but I'm also impressed by the fact the much needed updates are more frequent than like we had on the 360.

I was just thinking, Titanfall is out soon right? I'm not that fussed by it but my X1 isn't getting much use so I might pick it up. However is it still the case that there's no SP mode? If that's true do I need XBL Gold to play the game AT ALL? I can't find any definitive evidence either way so far.

I don't mind the fact that it's MP only. For me there's no point having the obligatory bolt-on SP just for the sake of it. If you don't like MP you don't buy a Battlefield game etc..

It's an online game. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Joystiq says the party and freinds system is getting an update on the 4th march before titanfalls release. (cant link it cause its blocked from work)

Can only be a step in the right direction, because the current system isnt living up to the 360s glory tbh.

It's an online game. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Neither do I, it's what COD should have done years ago. The trouble with that is the game won't be the system seller people think it will be. The numbers of SP gamers far out weigh the MP gamers. So many just buy games for SP and have little interest in MP.

I have no interest in TF but would have like to have played a SP game of it :)

Yeah I have no real interest in MP, the only MP I play is local FIFA and Halo for about a month after launch typically (Except H4, which was awful).

I guess I just assumed there would be some kind of SP even if it was the MP 'story' mode (with bots) without a live connection.

Looking forward to the new dashboard updates, not that i mind it at the moment but having the battery indicator is a huge plus for me and along with the managing storage as well.

Sucks that Titanfall wont have any SP to it, i only tend to play SP and sometimes MP but majority of the games i play are SP.

Back
Top Bottom