*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Just got one and its making the printer sounds non stop. Is this normal or return?

Return.

I've had mine since launch and the only time i've ever heard it make any noise, is in a completely silent room.

From a couple of feet away i can hear the HDD being accessed when its in use.

Other than that, the lights are the only way i know the console is turned on.

Associate
Mine is just nonstop. Even the controller is making a weird sound when it vibrates, its like a grinding sound.
Going back asap.

That controller thing I think is normal, seems to have happened since the update, as the vibrations seem quite strong now so its rattling something?

I've also had the low buzzing noise, had the xbox for about 6 months now, and I've monitored it carefully and found out that it is constant, with no fluctuation or decrease during different loading periods. So I'm assuming its probably a wire clipping a fan, as if it had anything to do with the HDD it would probably change depending on if I was on the dash, or loading a game etc. and I'd probably get performance issues.

My warranty runs out next June so as I get no performance issues, I've just decided that I'll return it around March-April time and get it replaced just as a precaution.

Soldato
I find the vibration noise a little annoying (I play with the sound low as it travels in our cardboard house) but it sounds nothing like that!

I also find the HDD noise quite intrusive on my one but from everything I've read I must just have a lemon of a drive.

Soldato
Ok so my friend got a console thats doing the exact same noise as mine.

We took it apart and this is whats is making the buzzing sound (circled in red with arrow pointing) Was one of those square thingys

ufAXC1G.jpg

Back
Top Bottom