*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Just started playing Horizon 2 and my Xbox pinged a system update mid game which failed and now it will not connect to live or log in.

Bit of a pain......

Edit - working now had to switch off at the mains and re-boot....

Caporegime
I am new to this console. Is it best practice to install games to an external HDD? In theory it would enable better performance as game data is being read from one drive and system data (like the video recording) is being read/written to the internal one. Or does it really not matter at all? :p

Soldato
I am new to this console. Is it best practice to install games to an external HDD? In theory it would enable better performance as game data is being read from one drive and system data (like the video recording) is being read/written to the internal one. Or does it really not matter at all? :p

It makes no difference. :) Use the internal if you have space.

Soldato
I now Own 2 Xbox ones and am finding digital games just got a new live of there own. Paying £55 for a game that I can use twice at the same time is brilliant and now my wife and I can play destiny/titanfall/BF4 at the same time which is great fun.

I'm glad I went 100% digital now.

Associate
I am probably going to get a XBone in the Christmas deals.

One question about Kinect, they said that the 10% reservation that Kinect uses has been released and I believe some games were patched to take advantage of this, so what happens with this reserved power if the Kinect is still plugged in?

Do these games that use the 10% just ignore the Kinect device/operations? or do the games frame rate/details/etc drop as its expecting 10% more resources than it currently has?

Soldato
I dont think any game has been patched using the extra power, jsut that the new Dev Kits would automatically turn certain parts off.

Have to say having the voice commands for the GPS in FH2 has been really really good.

Soldato
I dont think any game has been patched using the extra power, jsut that the new Dev Kits would automatically turn certain parts off.

Have to say having the voice commands for the GPS in FH2 has been really really good.

Horizon 2 was the first. The kinect is turned off apart from the voice commands.

Soldato
Ive found it quite quirky and fun. Although normally I've got the sound up too loud :p

Just like a real in car talk system, you have to scream and shout at it to hear you right!

I dint really see the point in not getting it with kinect, it so cheap no relative to what you get with a game etc.

Back
Top Bottom