*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
Bit of a bummer that the power brick is so noisy. Can't use instant on with that whirring away in my bedroom.

Q: when you launch an app full-screen, do you lose your game? I.e. It will start up from scratch if you go back to it? Only way to keep it alive is to snap things?

Soldato
Im not sure, might depend on the game, i think i went to completely different parts of the system, the told kinect to go to game, then it would snap right back to where i was.

Some games might automatically put you into the pause menu though, nut mo the game should mot start like the first time or anything.

Soldato
Bit of a bummer that the power brick is so noisy. Can't use instant on with that whirring away in my bedroom.

Q: when you launch an app full-screen, do you lose your game? I.e. It will start up from scratch if you go back to it? Only way to keep it alive is to snap things?

No your game will remain where it is. Your game will even remain exactly where it is when you turn the console off, if you are using instant on. My fave feature being able to pick up exactly where I left off on any game without waiting for loading or title screens.

Associate
A Plex App is something else the PS4 hasn't got, don't think 3D Blu ray is out yet either, don't understand the arrogance PS4 owners have with so many lacking features.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Have to say I freakin love the Xbone controller. And the Upload Studio is a great tool . Shame the vids are overly compressed but I can see why. It's taking an age to upload my race clips. I'm gonna need to get a fibre connection next.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I've got both consoles so can see the benefits of both.. technically the PS4 is the more powerful machine and you can't argue that, but the XB1 is more of a "home entertainment" console.

Caporegime
A Plex App is something else the PS4 hasn't got, don't think 3D Blu ray is out yet either, don't understand the arrogance PS4 owners have with so many lacking features.

On paper it is a more powerful gaming machine innit? :p

That is all they are holding on to (speaking as a PS4 owner !), and the truth is the only thing i use my PS4 for is Amazon Prime!

Soldato

The PS4 had 3D BD playback before the Xbox One did.

Anyway, the arrogance isn't in the owners, it's in the fanboys. Try not to become one of them.

Associate
Download and installed Plex on Xbox One .. Signed in etc but not finding server even though it's working on all my other devices and its all on the same connection.

It found it to link it using the input PIN on website but thats it. :S

Associate
Download and installed Plex on Xbox One .. Signed in etc but not finding server even though it's working on all my other devices and its all on the same connection.

It found it to link it using the input PIN on website but thats it. :S

I can't get it to find the server, its asking for version 0.9.10 but my server is 0.9.9 which is supposed to be the most up to date.

Associate
Have to say I freakin love the Xbone controller. And the Upload Studio is a great tool . Shame the vids are overly compressed but I can see why. It's taking an age to upload my race clips. I'm gonna need to get a fibre connection next.

I still rate X360 control as the best console control there is myself. Felt better, and the bumpers were especially better; still 2nd best is nothing to complain about, especially when I've got hundreds of hours on the XBone since I got it for Christmas last year! :D

Associate
The PS4 had 3D BD playback before the Xbox One did.

Anyway, the arrogance isn't in the owners, it's in the fanboys. Try not to become one of them.

I haven't heard that it had, was kept very hush hush, probably because 3D Blu Ray is losing momentum nowadays.

Don't agree with your second point though as if you remember back to late last year on both consoles launches the Xbox One got loads of stick from PS4 owners, it was really out of control and even though its calmed down now its still prevalent, check out the Assassins Creed Unity thread to see the anger, at least I'm more tongue in cheek ;)

Caporegime
I still rate X360 control as the best console control there is myself. Felt better, and the bumpers were especially better; still 2nd best is nothing to complain about, especially when I've got hundreds of hours on the XBone since I got it for Christmas last year! :D

It makes the older 360 controllers seem naff. :p The newer chrome ones are good with the same sticks as the Xbone and the twisty D-pad but the Xbone D-pad is vastly superior. I've heard many people say the Xbone bumpers are crap but they seem fine to me.

Back
Top Bottom