*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
well my Plex server is still index/building I think my NAS isn't up to the job frankly its been over 48 hours now, the disk is still thrashing away and while I love the idea if its not finished by the time I get home then its going to have to wait till I buy a new NAS.

Soldato
Their is a Plex free version within the App.

At least thats what most have been saying their should be.

Not sure where then, I registered my XO to my Plex account with the pin code (first step) and physically couldn't proceed any further due to not being a PlexPass subscriber.

Associate
Preordered a white Xbox last night with Sunset. Was gonna order a ps4, but a couple mates have an Xbox and they will get sunset, along with cod and halo. So that's November sorted. Will get a white ps4 before Christmas. The server down issues just put me off too much. Should be ironed out by December I hope.

Soldato
Not sure where then, I registered my XO to my Plex account with the pin code (first step) and physically couldn't proceed any further due to not being a PlexPass subscriber.

Hmm not sure then, on a few forums they stated theirs the free version, which of course doesnt have all the benefits, but that the core functionality was still available.

Associate
Plex on the pc is free when viewing videos on that pc. If I wanted to use my Now Tv box or another pc to stream stuff from my main pc, I'd have to buy plex pass. Dunno if that helps anyone.

Soldato
The official forums definitely say it's Pass-only at the moment. It will probably eventually go standalone for a small fee like the other separate apps. Plex do tend to release new stuff behind the Pass subscription, then make it available to non-Pass subscribers later.

Plex on the pc is free when viewing videos on that pc. If I wanted to use my Now Tv box or another pc to stream stuff from my main pc, I'd have to buy plex pass. Dunno if that helps anyone.

Yeah, it's completely free to view on a PC/web or via DNLA, but you still don't get the absolute latest version of Plex with the newest enhancements/fixes unless you are a subscriber. Plex hold those back for a couple of versions. Also some features like local file syncing to devices/cloud storage are totally locked out unless you buy the Pass.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Plex is going to be available to everyone eventually iirc, Plex pass users only at the moment, not exactly a lot of money to try it at least

Associate
Picked up and xbox one on friday, having had my ps4 since launch.

For my own sake I wish MS hadnt dropped the ball so much with the launch event otherwise I would have bought an xbox one on day one :o

I think the console is great, laid out much better than the PS4 and seems to have been updated a lot more than the PS4 too.

Forza Horizons 2 was the game that persuaded me to get one and glad I did :)

Associate
Same, I've been an Xbox user since the first one and the lead up to the release really put me off getting one.

Just ordered the White one with that sunset game, little over £300.

Now to buy Forza and Titanfall!!

Soldato
Just had a 1900mb update and now pretty much everything is broken. Friends list not available, games start and then quit to desktop and the store is unavailable...

What the bugger has just happened......?

Back
Top Bottom