*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
Why not try it?

I have my Sky through it, I love it. I can still do all normal Sky stuff when in TV app, but now with Kinect voice commands to boot. Not sure if it will differ for VM.

Quite honestly...I don't know why. Lol :p

So can you browse Sky normally and use the remote etc? This is what I'm trying to figure out :)

Associate
Quick question for anyone who might know. I have a pair of Sennheiser RS 180's with a modmic. Is the Stereo Headset adapter what I need to allow me to chat through the modmic? I assume I would leave my headphones plugged into my TV and connect the modmic to the adapter. I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere as to whether this is correct or if I'm being an idiot.

Caporegime
So last night I installed the Media Player Preview app, but couldn't get it to see my DLNA shares? Is this just not active yet? I swear I read others trying it out and streaming stuff.

Associate
So last night I installed the Media Player Preview app, but couldn't get it to see my DLNA shares? Is this just not active yet? I swear I read others trying it out and streaming stuff.

I've been using it a fair amount, doesn't seem to like my Windows 8 machine too much (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't)

Works from my NAS quite nicely though

Caporegime
I've been using it a fair amount, doesn't seem to like my Windows 8 machine too much (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't)

Works from my NAS quite nicely though

Well I can use DLNA via my TV to play stuff off the NAS so I know thats working but I open the app and it just moans at me for not having a USB plugged in. Do I need to do anything special here to get it to look for NAS/Media server?

Associate
Well I can use DLNA via my TV to play stuff off the NAS so I know thats working but I open the app and it just moans at me for not having a USB plugged in. Do I need to do anything special here to get it to look for NAS/Media server?

Nothing that I'm aware of, just fire up the app & it detected my DNLA server (NAS box) on the network automatically

Soldato

Is this available now or is it still part of the preview program?

Associate
Cool, thanks both. Looks like a trip back to Sainsburys later!

Well it seems the replacement is still making the HDD thrashing sound at the Dashboard, cannot be bothered taking this one back so going to sit it out and wait for the October update to see if it fixes it :confused:

Soldato
It says Media Player (Preview) or something. I've been using it and am not in any OS programme.

I misread your original post and thought Dnla was working now. It's only in the preview beta program unfortunately. I got a little excited thinking it was live :)

Soldato
Only been playing on Destiny but anyone noticed when you switch between TV and game, there's no sound unless you press the home button and back to game, before everything works normally again?

It's definitely happened 50% of the time I've done that.

Back
Top Bottom