*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
Just had a 1900mb update and now pretty much everything is broken. Friends list not available, games start and then quit to desktop and the store is unavailable...

What the bugger has just happened......?

I had some weird problems after the update as well, games wouldn't install, console was saying Xbox Live was down (it wasn't).

Powered the console down completely (not standby), powered up again and all has been fine since.

Associate
HELP!!!

Brought a kinectless xbox One yesterday, plugged it in and started updating, soon as it finished updating and rebooted it started making a sound not dissimilar to a PC mechanical Hard Drive constantly thrashing, but only on the Dashboard at idle, soon as you start installing something or load a game up it stops.

I heard Microsoft have said they will replace noisy xbox's although I have also heard even replacement xbox's exhibit the same issue.

I have also read that a software update could potentially fix it. A bit confused what to do now, anyone else experiencing the same issue ?

...Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere in this thread, I did read back a few pages but could not see anything.

Associate
HELP!!!

Brought a kinectless xbox One yesterday, plugged it in and started updating, soon as it finished updating and rebooted it started making a sound not dissimilar to a PC mechanical Hard Drive constantly thrashing, but only on the Dashboard at idle, soon as you start installing something or load a game up it stops.

I heard Microsoft have said they will replace noisy xbox's although I have also heard even replacement xbox's exhibit the same issue.

I have also read that a software update could potentially fix it. A bit confused what to do now, anyone else experiencing the same issue ?

...Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere in this thread, I did read back a few pages but could not see anything.
Had one from tesco like that,popped it back,asked for a different batch number aswell,new one is quiet like they should be.

Soldato
So I've finally got an Xbox One over the weekend.

I've always wanted it but the pricing puts me off (and not game I felt I MUST have till Destiny, which I got the 360 that came with Xbox One version), got a second hand Day One Edition at a price I'm happier with.

It definitely did not disappoint. Since E3 2013, I've been eyeing it not just for the games, but for the whole Entertainment Hub.

Definitely recommend the Kinect if your TV serve as a home entertainment. My Skybox connects through it, apart from the occasional voice command for channels not working as intended (SkySports F1 leads me to Skysports 1 instead), the whole turning on and off the whole setup including my Television is sweet.

Whilst gaming, snapping party setup or Skyping my relative whilst shooting down some Boss on Destiny, good times. It's not quite fluid yet, but I'm hoping or still learning how to make the party set up more fluently, without needing more than voice commands.

I know the update is imminent, but not being able to play some of my videos and MKVs (none of them AC33 either) collection from my external HDD is annoying till then. The Youtube app still needs controller input, gesture is iffy and slow.

All in all, I'm satisfied and looking forward to all the further updates as they come.

By the way, is the preview is invite only? Anyone got an invite or know when the update is due? Thanks.

Soldato
Hey, does anybody know if I can transfer credit from my Microsoft account to someone else? I have £140 in credit and I received an email this morning stating that I have to use it buy November the 12.....

You can't.

However, you can let said person use your account on his/her Xbox to buy and download the Games / content on his/her Console.

When your account is removed, the content is locked to that console for anyone to use but your account can still access it on another console (as long as your account is signed in).

You can however transfer the licence away from that said console (once every 3 months I believe) to another new console your account have accessed before.

Essentially, sell your whole account or let someone close to you use your account to buy stuff they want.

Soldato
Why does it have to be used by November? Is it old school MS points?

Probably. When they converted everyone's points into currency they set an arbitrary expiration date on it but promotional points/currency received before that had a shorter expiry I believe. They wanted to 'expire' about £11 in my account earlier this year but they extended it to next year.

Associate
I know this is a bit of a random question, but can someone tell me if the Xbox One UI is native 1080p?

I've just been having a play about on one in a shop and the picture quality looked terrible, but I don't know if it was just the TV's settings, sharpness etc.

Associate
I know this is a bit of a random question, but can someone tell me if the Xbox One UI is native 1080p?

I've just been having a play about on one in a shop and the picture quality looked terrible, but I don't know if it was just the TV's settings, sharpness etc.

I believe it runs at 1080p although not entirely sure. Seems to be a fair few people adopting the xbox one recently. :cool:

Caporegime
Mine runs at 1080p...thats the signal it picks up from the Amp/Xbox. UI looks nice and sharp for me?

Question, would I get any benefit from running my Virgin Media TiVo box through the Xbox? Would I be right in thinking I would lose functionality of the VM box and be limited to what the Xbox can offer?

Cheers!
Jake

Soldato
Mine runs at 1080p...thats the signal it picks up from the Amp/Xbox. UI looks nice and sharp for me?

Question, would I get any benefit from running my Virgin Media TiVo box through the Xbox? Would I be right in thinking I would lose functionality of the VM box and be limited to what the Xbox can offer?

Cheers!
Jake

Why not try it?

I have my Sky through it, I love it. I can still do all normal Sky stuff when in TV app, but now with Kinect voice commands to boot. Not sure if it will differ for VM.

Back
Top Bottom