*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

And disappeared again :p

Link doesnt work !

It's on Amazon UK for £20

xbonemediaremote3.jpg

I'm all for choice but if your console does accurate voice commands, and that is one of its main selling points, then what's the point?

Suppose it'd be alright for people with speech problems.

Edit: I bought the original Kinect, not one of my finer purchases unfortunately..

Last edited:
lol...jesus....
Im using it ever single time with no problems.

SO now your saying MS is useless for giving people as many options for input to their system as possible, Jesus ****..what is wrong with you.

Why are you even looking into this thread if you are so dis-interested?
Havent even felt the need to post once or look into the PS4 thread, or is their just that little for yas to talk about?

Last edited:
lol...jesus....
Im using it ever single time with no problems.

SO now your saying MS is useless for giving people as many options for input to their system as possible, Jesus ****..what is wrong with you.

Why are you even looking into this thread if you are so dis-interested?
Havent even felt the need to post once or look into the PS4 thread, or is their just that little for yas to talk about?

I'm going to avoid the bait & simply state that I am invested in Microsoft's gaming franchises even though I bought a PS4 this time around.

I also will not rule out picking up a Bone at some point but I genuinely find the media remote to be giving out mixed messages about their console & especially about Kinect 2.0.

Sorry I rattled your cage.

Well, it has nothing to do with gaming, its just a media input device.

Mixed messages?
"hey...you can used Kinect, but, if you like, here's a traditional media input remote, to giv e you the choice should you prefer it."

Im so confused.

Oh god.

Seriously, Kinect is awesome.
I think anyone who has actually tried the console will agree.
Its way way faster to get around when you can just say xbox go to skype and its like BOOM Skype.
BOOM Youtube
BOOM that game you installed

Without Kinect i would be about 1/3rd as in love with it as i currently am, Heck even the small convience of skypeing my family from the tv

Also nothing beats the awesome of getting home after work and saying two words to get a tv and console started and you logged in to live with zero fumbling for one of your 5 tv remotes.

I would assume the remote is aimed at those who aren't gamers (spouses/family members/friends) and prefer the familiarity a remote brings a long with no learning curve in how to use it.

Sure you can argue how in your opinion they should use/learn the controller/kinect but it would be naive to think there aren't people who would prefer to just pick up a remote.

I love Kinect for things like Xbox Fitness, but IMO voice and motion control (in general - not just on Xbox) still isn't up to scratch for system navigation. There's still occasions where things don't work first time, every time.

Oh god.

Seriously, Kinect is awesome.
I think anyone who has actually tried the console will agree.
Its way way faster to get around when you can just say xbox go to skype and its like BOOM Skype.
BOOM Youtube
BOOM that game you installed

Without Kinect i would be about 1/3rd as in love with it as i currently am, Heck even the small convience of skypeing my family from the tv

Also nothing beats the awesome of getting home after work and saying two words to get a tv and console started and you logged in to live with zero fumbling for one of your 5 tv remotes.

^This

Get home from work "xbox on" and I am sorted.

I just wish I could name my console "PS4 on" would confuse a few folk :D

I would assume the remote is aimed at those who aren't gamers (spouses/family members/friends) and prefer the familiarity a remote brings a long with no learning curve in how to use it.

Sure you can argue how in your opinion they should use/learn the controller/kinect but it would be naive to think there aren't people who would prefer to just pick up a remote.

Indeed but some people just need to find reasons to have a little whinge at MS.

Indeed but some people just need to find reasons to have a little whinge at MS.

It's not hard to find reason, the tricky part is where to start. Is it the fact you need to have Kinect?. Could it be what they attempted to do to the PC games market with GFWL?. Is it the under powered Xbox One? Could it be the horror that is Windows 8? The RROD issues early in the 360's life? The DRM they tried to implement in console gaming?

Just some off the top of my head and why I most likely will not buy an Xbox One. It will have some awesome games no doubt and sometimes I will be jealous of the occasional exclusive but Microsoft are a company I will avoid these days.

Just some off the top of my head and why I most likely will not buy an Xbox One. It will have some awesome games no doubt and sometimes I will be jealous of the occasional exclusive but Microsoft are a company I will avoid these days.

With respect, why bother posting in the XO thread then, stay out of it if you have no interest in it?

Back
Top Bottom