*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

It's not hard to find reason, the tricky part is where to start. Is it the fact you need to have Kinect?. Could it be what they attempted to do to the PC games market with GFWL?. Is it the under powered Xbox One? Could it be the horror that is Windows 8? The RROD issues early in the 360's life? The DRM they tried to implement in console gaming?

Just some off the top of my head and why I most likely will not buy an Xbox One. It will have some awesome games no doubt and sometimes I will be jealous of the occasional exclusive but Microsofofare a company I will avoid these days.
So how about staying out of an Xbox One thread rather than just trying to stir up flames.

Give it a rest and we'd have far fewer petty, tedious arguments to have to wade through in order to find any sign of sensible conversation about XO games, hardware, accessories, hints and tips etc.

It's quite remarkable how many PS4 devotees spend so much time posting in dedicated XO threads. PS4 has a more powerful GPU, jeezus, we get it, now can we get on with playing the Titanfall beta in peace whilst you do, err... whatever you do, measuring gigaflops and counting pixels or something? ;) :D

Last edited:
Bit worried about Titanfall. It's certainly a fun fast and frenetic FPS but it's not a first of it's kind world shattering mega change the like of which has never been seen before it's being built up into.

It'll do well, but I think a little bit of realism on what a single game can do and what it is would be a good thing. I can almost imagine the wails of "OMG the XO fails again with it's saviour turning out to be only a boring version of CoD with robots" posts we'll see.

it's a fun, great game but it's not going to be curing the blind and raising the dead...

No one except fans hyped it, im waiting for either a beta code or general release to see what people think, it does look good though, and I think the duel release on these games are hindering things a bit.

While I also prefer a certain console over the other I think this redstarriot guy needs to be looked at by mods.

That is fine, I have said/done nothing out of line. I like discussing video games and the industry in general. If you look at a bunch of my posts then you will see this. I will be careful of what I post in the X1 thread however as some people appear to be overly sensitive. I genuinely hope you all enjoy the console. I have mates that have one and it's fine, not my cup of tea however.

Got mine today, dead rising seems awesome, never been a big fan of forza but at least it's easier and now tucking into ghosts...

The whole user iinterface needs an overhaul, I shouldn't have to Google for basic system settings! =p

Got mine today, dead rising seems awesome, never been a big fan of forza but at least it's easier and now tucking into ghosts...

The whole user iinterface needs an overhaul, I shouldn't have to Google for basic system settings! =p

Bring back the blade system!

Seriously though, they will never change the layout, it's consistent with Windows 8, MS Tablets etc

Bring back the blade system!

Seriously though, they will never change the layout, it's consistent with Windows 8, MS Tablets etc

Yeah the glory days! Would be nice if there was at least a system blade. It should tell you things are downloading etc rather than just "installing"
The consoles incredibly quiet, can't hear it at all. Way better than my prior 360 elite...

Looks like the scalar filter has been fixed - looking at screenshots before and after the fix and you wonder why they added the sharpen - DR3 looks a whole lot better, imagine KI would too...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Dead rising 3 really impressed me with the number of zombies on the screen and textures, more so than forza 5. The step up from dead rising 1/2 to 3 is awesome!

(however my 720p old TV might have a lot to do with that!)

This update has made a massive difference to graphic quality. Both titanfall and tomb raider looks so much better with the sharpening tweaked/removed. Tomb Raider seems to be noticeablely smoother too.

I do not know if they've done anything to the 50/60hz tv issue but something is different. The original judder is a lot less pronounce now.

I've yet to try BF4 but I imagine that's benefited massively from the reduction in sharpening.

Anyone know if the gpu performance improvements which were hinted at have been included? Something to do with releasing assets given over to kinect?

The ui speed seems to have been looked at too, unless it's my imagination. Stuff you've had open (settings, my games & apps etc) now pop up immediately once they've already been opened once, no waiting around. It's like things are being cached properly.

Back
Top Bottom